This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: The PS4 won't be called "PS4"

#1ThePlasmaStormPosted 2/1/2013 2:24:40 AM
4 is a racist, misogynistic, bigoted, rude, and utterly destructive word in the Japanese language.

Like how we avoid 13 in everything; they avoid 4 in everything.
---
`._Out! Out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow_.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/totalratchetfan/newersiggy.png
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 2/1/2013 2:26:15 AM
God you are so wrong................
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, New game coming soon (WiiU) MH3GHD.
#3mogar002Posted 2/1/2013 2:26:43 AM
We don't avoid 13 in everything >.> and they don't avoid 4 in everything.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#4TomoEK9Posted 2/1/2013 2:27:15 AM
What? What in the world gave you that idea?

4 is only bad because its synonymous with death, it has nothing to do with race, bigotry or anything of that nature.

Anything with 4 in it is considered bad luck and therefore avoided.
#5Evil_GogetaPosted 2/1/2013 2:29:04 AM
TomoEK9 posted...

4 is only bad because its synonymous with death, it has nothing to do with race, bigotry or anything of that nature.

True, although buildings still have 4F (China and somewhere in Europe has the 13th floor of buildings cut out due to the unlucky number) in Japan.
---
#6iTossSaladsPosted 2/1/2013 2:30:15 AM
Sony would be dumb to cater to silly Japanese superstitions and not call it PS4. Their investors would probably be pissed too. Consumers don't give a s*** about their culture's ridiculous beliefs.
#7TomoEK9Posted 2/1/2013 2:31:14 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
TomoEK9 posted...

True, although buildings still have 4F (China and somewhere in Europe has the 13th floor of buildings cut out due to the unlucky number) in Japan.

I've been in a Chinese owned building in Canada. Any floor with the number 4 was gone, and the 13th floor was also axed.
#8Evil_GogetaPosted 2/1/2013 2:35:55 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
Evil_Gogeta posted...
TomoEK9 posted...

I've been in a Chinese owned building in Canada. Any floor with the number 4 was gone, and the 13th floor was also axed.

Yeah, Chinese people had some sort of floor cut off in China and it was literally like "4F,5F,6F,7F,9F" or something. In Japan we have the 4th floor, the number 4 on it`s own with something is bad, but related to something, yonkai also known as the 4F doesn't sound like Shi which can also mean death.
---
#9TomoEK9Posted 2/1/2013 2:37:59 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Evil_Gogeta posted...
TomoEK9 posted...

Yeah, Chinese people had some sort of floor cut off in China and it was literally like "4F,5F,6F,7F,9F" or something. In Japan we have the 4th floor, the number 4 on it`s own with something is bad, but related to something, yonkai also known as the 4F doesn't sound like Shi which can also mean death.

Uhh you got it wrong. 4F would be cut out, the 8F would be included. 8 is good luck and they would definitely want that floor there.
#10Evil_GogetaPosted 2/1/2013 2:39:24 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
Evil_Gogeta posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Evil_Gogeta posted...
TomoEK9 posted...

Uhh you got it wrong. 4F would be cut out, the 8F would be included. 8 is good luck and they would definitely want that floor there.

I probably got it wrong for China, as it was an example, but I 100% didn't get it wrong for Japan.
---