This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time has that long forgotten PS2 goodness

#1Dark World RulerPosted 2/1/2013 6:54:43 AM
I have replayed the Sly: Thieves in Time demo around 15 times now since I downloaded it, and each time Im reminded of the PS2 days because of the unabashed fun the game has in it's design. It's pretty awesome how the developers made it a point to play like the PS2 Sly games and still the mechanics feel great and it keeps me wanting to play much more than most games this gen.
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2RioichiCooperPosted 2/1/2013 6:59:25 AM
Agreed. The greatest compliment that can be given to this game is that it really does feel like a Sly game. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Only four more days.
---
If your accuracy is over 10%, you're trying too hard.
#3Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 2/1/2013 7:04:06 AM
Is it like PS2 platformers in that it has no exploration whatsoever, and you basically just run down a hallway? If so, count me out, but if not, I'm interested.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#4Nightmare966Posted 2/1/2013 7:11:30 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Is it like PS2 platformers in that it has no exploration whatsoever, and you basically just run down a hallway? If so, count me out, but if not, I'm interested.

You can try the demo and see it for yourself :P

No. It's obviously straight forward, but the Sly sections have quite a bit of exploration to find collectables and such.

Just like the very first game.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#5HolyMcmolyPosted 2/1/2013 7:24:08 AM

Didn't you hear? Linearity's only bad if it's in modern games, like Uncharted and Final Fantasy XIII.
#6SteadyingMeatPosted 2/1/2013 7:26:19 AM
^ Don't act as if a FF game being that linear isn't a valid complaint.

On topic, I agree. It feels so good to play. You just don't see games like this that often anymore for some reason.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#7PhaseBlackPosted 2/1/2013 7:37:40 AM

Nope, every level in Sly 4 is open world just like Sly 2 and Sly 3. The levels are even twice as big now taking advantage of the PS hardware. The demo is not an indication of that, it is just a straightforward Prologue level and the game opens up right after that
---
PSVita & 3DS
#8LAGswitchLARRYPosted 2/1/2013 7:39:25 AM
Don't live in t he past brokittens, it makes you look old
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#9PhaseBlackPosted 2/1/2013 4:59:06 PM
HolyMcmoly posted...

Didn't you hear? Linearity's only bad if it's in modern games, like Uncharted and Final Fantasy XIII.

Linearity is fine if it feels right
---
PSVita & 3DS
#10XplodnPnguins92Posted 2/1/2013 5:06:12 PM
sly 2 with a costume gimmick
---
http://www.sdtekken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TTT2.png