This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time has that long forgotten PS2 goodness

#11ThePatrickPosted 2/1/2013 5:24:08 PM
XplodnPnguins92 posted...
sly 2 with a costume gimmick

Pretty much, but it's been a while for a Sly game and I'll take basically more of the same.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#12Virus66Posted 2/1/2013 6:08:26 PM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Is it like PS2 platformers in that it has no exploration whatsoever, and you basically just run down a hallway? If so, count me out, but if not, I'm interested.

Sly 2 and 3 weren't really that linear. They even had open world elements and non-linear missions. Sly 1 was incredibly linear though, which in a platformer is not really that bad of a thing.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#13PhaseBlackPosted 2/1/2013 11:58:25 PM
XplodnPnguins92 posted...
sly 2 with a costume gimmick

Uh do you have this game confused with Sly 3? Sly 3 was basically Sly 2 with a costume gimmick, the costumes in Sly: Thieves in Time actually give new gameplay styles. That and Sly's ancestor's are playable characters too. This is the evolution of Sly
---
PSVita & 3DS
#14Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:26:25 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
HolyMcmoly posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Is it like PS2 platformers in that it has no exploration whatsoever, and you basically just run down a hallway? If so, count me out, but if not, I'm interested.

Didn't you hear? Linearity's only bad if it's in modern games, like Uncharted and Final Fantasy XIII.

Linearity is fine if it feels right

This, but I love the open world design of Sly 2 and Sly 3 so Im thankful Sly 4 expands upon it
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#15pixel378Posted 2/3/2013 8:34:13 AM
Are there open level like dimitris city in sly 2 or is it all linear like sly 1?
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#16SoaringDivePosted 2/3/2013 9:44:49 AM
pixel378 posted...
Are there open level like dimitris city in sly 2 or is it all linear like sly 1?

Unfortunately, Sly 2.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#17pixel378Posted 2/3/2013 10:29:39 PM
SoaringDive posted...
pixel378 posted...

Unfortunately, Sly 2.

I liked the open areas of Sly 2 better, so thats a huge plus for me. I liked actually sneaking around the city and stuff opposed to being on rails like in sly 1.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#18monkeyman0111Posted 2/4/2013 12:25:23 AM
The Demo is out!??
(bolts home)
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111