This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PLEASE Sony keep the psn and ps+ online for PS3 after the PS4 release

#1bigdeezPosted 2/1/2013 9:51:59 AM
I'm totally freaking out about this!! I don't plan on getting PS4 until a year after its release and I hope to god SONY does not end psn and ps+ for the PS3. I also hope to god that i can still find a PS3 in stores a year or 2 after the PS4 release!
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne
#2work_a_holicPosted 2/1/2013 9:52:51 AM
Relax. They won't. I don't even know why you would think they would.
#3EasylePosted 2/1/2013 9:53:26 AM
bigdeez posted...
I'm totally freaking out about this!! I don't plan on getting PS4 until a year after its release and I hope to god SONY does not end psn and ps+ for the PS3. I also hope to god that i can still find a PS3 in stores a year or 2 after the PS4 release!

They will... would be completely stupid if they did that. No one would have a reason to buy a PS3 then.

Also, don't expect any backwards compatibility as well.
#4este914Posted 2/1/2013 9:53:59 AM
IM FREEKING OUT MANNNNNNN

Knowing Sony they will eliminate the PS+ related stuff and make you rebuy your games all over again.

They're too deep in it now to be any other way
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#5spec-ops-33Posted 2/1/2013 9:59:00 AM
@ bigdeez

Hey man it will be fine. Sony will not abandon ps3 users after the ps4 release. The will support it for at least 2 years after. As far as psn and ps+ it will probably be across all platforms: psp, psvita, ps3, and ps4.

I think anyone on this board will tell you, if you own a ps3 you will be fine for at least 2 years after the ps4 release. you WILL still be able to buy a ps3 in stores years after the ps4 release and you WILL be able to use psn and ps+ on the ps3!!
#6bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:07:20 AM
^ i hope so. Looking back at SONYs track record, they seem to support (and sell in stores) last gen consoles for quite some time after a next gen released console!!
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne
#7monkeyman1911Posted 2/1/2013 11:07:08 AM
i wonder about this too. Anyone else want to weigh in on the topic?
#8Zack_Attackv1Posted 2/1/2013 11:13:11 AM
This is a weird topic.
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#9spec-ops-33Posted 2/1/2013 11:21:48 AM
How is this a weird topic? TC is obviously concerned about his ps3. TC does not want SONY to stop psn/ps+ for the ps3 how is that weird?

Its a little weird that TC thinks the ps3 wont be sold in stores for the next 3 years, because it definitely will be.
#10ExpelDiasFlacPosted 2/1/2013 11:23:44 AM
work_a_holic posted...
Relax. They won't. I don't even know why you would think they would.

Yeah, they make easy money out of PS3 digital games and DLC, so taking PSN offline would be a really stupid move by Sony.