This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bought a Vita yesterday. The guy in the shop said it was....

#1awesomesauce13Posted 2/1/2013 11:27:18 AM
The 9th Vita console they'd sold since release. To be fair, of all the electronic stores in my city they probably have the least focus on gaming, but that's still terrible >.<

It's a shame because it's a great little device, definitely an upgrade from the PSP and PSP Go. If only it had more games...
#2ironmaidenfan70Posted 2/1/2013 11:29:26 AM
Thank god I bought it on blackfriday for a 100 bucks
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#3awesomesauce13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:31:06 AM
I think one of the main reasons it failed (here at least) was the price. I got it on special and it still cost me more than when I bought my PSP 2000 at the normal price
#4You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/1/2013 11:31:31 AM
It's kinda pricey for a handheld, no? And a little too high-tech...Gameboy was great because of how simple it was. It was just for quick and easy gaming-on-the-go. Vita, on the other hand, seems like a bite-size console...

I agree it's probably better than PSP, which I think sucked (and I own one), but it's too snazzy for me to want one. I'd take an old school Gameboy over one any day.
#5Killah PriestPosted 2/1/2013 11:33:41 AM
When I went to buy a vita at launch I had to go to multiple stores because they were all sold out.

ended up getting the last one at gamestop.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6PhaseSlaethePosted 2/1/2013 11:33:47 AM
It needs a remodel that gives it proper MicroSD cards instead of proprietary bull anus.

And then it needs its OWN games. STOP porting ****.
#7awesomesauce13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:36:05 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
It needs a remodel that gives it proper MicroSD cards instead of proprietary bull anus.

And then it needs its OWN games. STOP porting ****.

Both good points. One of the only things I don't like about it is that I had to buy a new memory stick for it when I have some perfectly good SD cards already lying around.

And one of the things that decreases the amount of good games on it even further is the fact that several of them are available on PS3 as well, so there's not much reason to buy them for the Vita (cross-buy doesn't really count)
#8BlinkWinkelPosted 2/1/2013 11:40:32 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...
The 9th Vita console they'd sold since release. To be fair, of all the electronic stores in my city they probably have the least focus on gaming, but that's still terrible >.<

It's a shame because it's a great little device, definitely an upgrade from the PSP and PSP Go. If only it had more games...

It is a system with great potential, but like you said, it needs more games!

There is also the fact that Sony was so cheap and did not even include a memory card with the Vita. And these things cost a fortune! And even worst, they completely removed the PSP UMD compatibility.
#9Bebop242Posted 2/1/2013 11:44:25 AM
I just bought my Vita two days ago. Vita sales up 68% confirmed!

I have been enjoying it so far. Wipeout is blowing my mind.
#10Justice98405Posted 2/1/2013 11:50:26 AM
"Thank god I bought it on blackfriday for a 100 bucks"

Who had that deal? Or did you give someone a hundo that just stole one from a store? :(
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405