This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does God of War get so much hate?

#61albanianx1Posted 2/1/2013 3:59:07 PM
Because it gets far too much love?
Classic idiotic mentality brought to you by Gamefaqs. Anytime, anyplace, you've got a game you love? Well don't worry, you have the tools in this website that dislike it for that very reason, too many people enjoying a game.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#62cyberkyberPosted 2/1/2013 4:07:26 PM
I hate kratos and all his traits ( not a likeable character for me )

Gameplay is average for me

The rest of the game I really like, the setting, the monsters, the graphics ect..
It keeps me coming back for the game and ill be getting next one too.
#63wstfldPosted 2/1/2013 4:08:33 PM
It's not Japanese.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#64Ke7hplPosted 2/1/2013 4:24:15 PM
I played the first one, it was okay. But not my type of game. I don't hate it persay, just not a fan of it. But to those out there who are fans of GoW, hope the new one is good.
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#65no2morroPosted 2/1/2013 7:21:42 PM
The series ain't actually that bad. I don't say its great, but look at the competition:

Darksiders
Dante's Inferno
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry series
Wolverine Origins
Conan
Rise of the Argonauts (I think that's what its called)
Viking - Battle for Asgard
---
I guess you could KINDA put Yakuza

I wouldn't, I'm playing fighting force right now on Vita, and I would say it qualifies more than Yakuza.

Anyways...I can't think of much more right now, that said, there isn't a hell of a lot out there. For what it is, its decent. Personally, I liked Wolverine a lot, God of War when its good, is around that level for me. Devil May Cry as a series is alright...a lot of random nonsensical stuff happening in that game (more than God of War IMO). DMC is also good mind you, but its story isn't very strong when compared with God of War (that's not to say GoW is great storywise, but its better than DMC).

As for him being generic...really? A guy who is pale white and has an omega symbol tattooed to his upper body with chain swords is generic? I'd like to meet the people that you meet everyday if this is ordinary for you. As for the angst...sure its over the top, but watch 'days of our lives' its isn't as though overacting is rare. IMO...his anger is largely justified, it's just not rationalized out well.
---
The pendulum swing, in OUR engagement, ETERNAL engagement,
will never swing YOUR way --Valentin - Lurking in Shadows - 2012
#66Virus66Posted 2/1/2013 7:24:31 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Because it gets far too much love?

I've played them, but they aren't that special at all. I don't hate them, but still. What is the appeal of an angry douche who basically GAVE himself some BS plot excuse to go kill the Gods. The action parts aren't even that fun. Gory, sure. But that is really it.

Pretty much this. Aside from the absurd gore, it doesn't really have much to it that isn't already done better by another game. Gameplay is mere button mashing, story is practically non-existent and the series as a whole felt like it's already run its course.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#67gmoney8789Posted 2/1/2013 7:25:22 PM
This is gameFAQs were everyone hates AAA games that are good.
#68teh1337gosuPosted 2/1/2013 7:26:37 PM
gmoney8789 posted...
This is gameFAQs were everyone hates AAA games that are good.

This
---
Yvan eht nioj
#69Tommy2GoGoPosted 2/1/2013 7:38:37 PM
I remember wanting to play the game.

I bought the HD collection of GOW 1 and 2 for the ps3.

I began playing the first one and was excited at first.

The intro scene was just trying WAY too hard.

I also couldn't skip it.

I was introduced to the game and found it to be SO simple.

After defeating the first boss, I kind of just stopped playing it.
It was honestly really disappointing. I remember watching a video of the creator talking about how this game will be so godlike. Awesome scenes and killer music. After actually playing it .I was really disappointed.

I hope the other GoW games change and not just stick to the same hack and slash mechanic.
#70killakPosted 2/1/2013 7:47:46 PM
so much hate?

wha?
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.