This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Tomb Raider Collection is the ultimate collection

#1wigsplasherPosted 2/1/2013 1:10:42 PM
of junk on PS3.

So far, I've gone through Legend and Underworld. Right now I'm going through Anniversary and I've gotta say that I think Anniversary has the best ideas and the worst execution out of the bunch. For some idiotic reason, I've decided to collect all the artifacts & relics and this has really shown me how clunky and unresponsive the controls are.

All of this has got me thinking that the main reason I hate this franchise is because the developers have almost always had the right IDEA but never the right EXECUTION. That's fine for the first game or 2 -- no one's perfect -- but after this many entries and this many years, I don't think I'm alone when I say that we rightfully expect more.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#2wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:11:50 PM
Also, I forgot to add: Anniversary is technically a remake so there shouldn't be ANY issues!
---
3D gaming is overrated
#3Zack_Attackv1Posted 2/1/2013 1:15:14 PM
Edit feature.

LEARN IT.
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#4wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:16:36 PM
Edit feature.

LEARN IT.

No. Go see a doctor if online
forum etiquette bugs you so
much.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#5este914Posted 2/1/2013 1:34:53 PM
yea they dropped the ball on that one
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#6RPG maniac87Posted 2/1/2013 1:39:07 PM
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Sorry to hear you threw money away on a game you don't like.

Each experience will help you refine your selection process.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#7RafedxPosted 2/1/2013 1:43:35 PM
wigsplasher posted...
of junk on PS3.

So far, I've gone through Legend and Underworld. Right now I'm going through Anniversary and I've gotta say that I think Anniversary has the best ideas and the worst execution out of the bunch. For some idiotic reason, I've decided to collect all the artifacts & relics and this has really shown me how clunky and unresponsive the controls are.

All of this has got me thinking that the main reason I hate this franchise is because the developers have almost always had the right IDEA but never the right EXECUTION. That's fine for the first game or 2 -- no one's perfect -- but after this many entries and this many years, I don't think I'm alone when I say that we rightfully expect more.

That's what Edios got for canning Core, they were hard at work on Angel of Darkness and were finished everything byt the controls yet Edios told them to put it out. The game flopped which is really sad as it had a really good story and Lara was bad ass in it, not to mention the music.

Then CD comes in, they are given similar rules by Edios and they started pushing out games that were not polished. Aniversary is by far the best of the 3 but even then it has some pretty terrible controls when you start trying to go for all the challenges and relics. Still very doable but it can get tiresome fumbling because of the controls.

TR 1 -4 and even Chronicles are leagues better IMHO.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#8NeoGrayFAQPosted 2/1/2013 1:43:37 PM
I love the collection.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/neograyfox
#9wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:44:09 PM
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Sorry to hear you threw money away on a game you don't like.

Each experience will help you refine your selection process.

You sound like a fortune cookie. I agree though... The only reason I'm playing it is because it's in my backlog.
---
3D gaming is overrated