This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rank your game review websites

#1Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/1/2013 12:30:41 PM
I tend to do two things before buying most games - I focus on video reviews (written reviews of a visual medium feels like a job only half done IMO) and I watch a lot of them. But I also know who's to believe and who's to take with a grain of salt. Rank your trusted sources for video game reviews.

Mine generally goes like this:
1. Zero Punctuation
2. Giant Bomb
3. Gamespot
4. Gametrailers
5. IGN
#2SigmaHacielPosted 2/1/2013 12:34:04 PM
X. Razorfist, AlphaOmegaSin, EpicNameBro, DMJared, LarryBundy

I used X because I don't give a rat ass about ranking my people. If they weigh in on a game I'm thinking of, I'm hearing what they say to see what their take on it is. They have tastes similar enough to mine to do so.
#3Impaired MedicPosted 2/1/2013 12:34:27 PM
I don't read any.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#4Dirk_McHardpeck(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:57:42 PM
Impaired Medic posted...
I don't read any.

O.O
#5star_guy_100Posted 2/2/2013 5:01:55 PM
i like igns layout better so i go there sometimes for gaming news. i never look at their reviews though. id give some respect for gamespot for being the only honest review site when they reviewed zelda skyward sword. i think they were the only site that actually played the game and reviewed it objectively rather then giving it a 10 before even playing it because its zelda. they were the only accurate review i read on the game.

so

gamespot
ign

dont even know of the others aside from gamer reviews from individuals on youtube
#6BriankblPosted 2/2/2013 5:39:02 PM
Giant Bomb is hands-down the best video game related website, period.
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#7kuterPosted 2/2/2013 5:39:34 PM
Impaired Medic posted...
I don't read any.
#8boofiePosted 2/2/2013 5:44:00 PM
We need reviews for reviewers now.
#9TangoBunnyPosted 2/2/2013 5:50:30 PM
For reviews:
1. EuroGamer
2. GiantBomb

For video content:
1. GiantBomb
2. (nothing else)

Those are the only two sites I find reputable. ^.^;
---
Female pronouns are appreciated when responding to this user's posts! ~ http://tangobunny.webs.com