This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Who's the biggest troll in the gaming industry?

#41MegaMettaurPosted 2/1/2013 6:50:20 PM
darthsnider posted...
Other - Tetsuya Nomura.

Never thought that a single person could drag down a series like Final Fantasy.

What? He's just the artist. Sure he goes over board with some of his designs, but I'm almost certain they don't influence how the story is written.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#42NakMachinePosted 2/1/2013 6:54:06 PM
I can't believe nobody mentioned Yoshinori Ono, AKA the guy behind Street Fighter since SF IV, AKA the guy with that bloody Blanka toy.
---
The answer to your first question is SHADDUP!
#43Ampharos64Posted 2/1/2013 7:01:45 PM
While Nintendo are probably not trolling, they're certainly good at making it feel like they are. Why I eagerly watch their E3 presentations each year only to see them end up spending most of the time showing off their latest minigame collection, I do not know.

Went with Toriyama, anyway. Dat FFXIII-2 ending was some beautiful trolling. Loved it.
#44Solid_Snake124Posted 2/1/2013 7:02:25 PM
OEIO999 posted...
Clearly you aren't up to date with current trolls

Casey Hudson

---
Placed one missed call to heaven
#45sicko26usPosted 2/1/2013 7:03:01 PM
Ampharos64 posted...
While Nintendo are probably not trolling, they're certainly good at making it feel like they are. Why I eagerly watch their E3 presentations each year only to see them end up spending most of the time showing off their latest minigame collection, I do not know.

Went with Toriyama, anyway. Dat FFXIII-2 ending was some beautiful trolling. Loved it.

Yeah, I knew it was coming and was still pissed off.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#46majin nemesisPosted 2/1/2013 7:07:31 PM
Kojima because of what he did with mgs2 trailers that was legen-wait for it why is Motomu Toriyama winning? he's making good games and he's never trolled-dary

legendary
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#47Ep1taph303Posted 2/1/2013 7:11:48 PM
I voted other: Gabe Newell.
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#48sicko26usPosted 2/1/2013 7:19:13 PM
majin nemesis posted...
Kojima because of what he did with mgs2 trailers that was legen-wait for it why is Motomu Toriyama winning? he's making good games and he's never trolled-dary

legendary

While pretty the stories are trash, his endings are especially bad.

13 - Walk down a hallway and fight a boss for 20 hours, confusing ending.

13-2 Gameplay better, story and ending worse, basically everything is blamed on paradox.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#49You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/1/2013 7:22:27 PM
I voted Kojima because the man actually ret-cons his OWN games. Some jerks like to ret-con the history of games in a series that were made before they came along, but Kojima actually messed with his own timeline, and then...not that I'm a fan of Portable Ops, but he brushed it aside and excluded it from his timeline even though it made more sense than Peace Walker.

He's just a big dolt. Makes decent games, but still a dolt.
#50Pirate_BalthierPosted 2/1/2013 7:31:47 PM
13 - Walk down a hallway and fight a boss for 20 hours, confusing ending.

I don't like 13 that much either but if it took you much time to beat any boss then you were doing it wrong. Bosses shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. Heck! not even the final boss should take you more than 5 minutes for each phase.
---
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9876/8786730ne3.gif
I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.