This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The PS4 graphics are already revealed...

#1RahzarXPosted 2/1/2013 3:36:35 PM
Just look at any PC game at high or max settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05JhJqpv7jI

Since we already know Sony has to use a GPU from one of the known manufacturers, and they aren't going to go with the highest end one, it will look similar to this.

Higher res versions of the same games you've already seen. Not a huge noticeable improvement.

I hope everyone isn't riding on the graphics train because that's not where this gen is going.

They better have some "gimmicks" up their sleeve.

Speculations?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2Taran_McDohlPosted 2/1/2013 3:41:01 PM
Do not care about fancy graphics..i just want some games with some great gameplay and story.
---
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#3faris_ruhiPosted 2/1/2013 3:47:42 PM(edited)

Nope, doesn't work like that. Majority of PC games aren't actually developed to utilize the most out of PC.

They are made with consoles in mind and slightly enhanced on the PC. There are very few that demonstrate the true graphics potential (Crysis series being a prime example). Most others you would have to download mods for to make it look like a significant leap over console games rather than just being simply higher res, slightly better textures and better framerate.

Once devs start making games with new hardware in mind, we will see a jump in graphics. How big, no idea, but it isn't the same as simply running a game in higher res, faster framerate.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#4DemiFistPosted 2/1/2013 3:46:18 PM
Oh well...
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#5RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:50:49 PM
faris_ruhi posted...

Nope, doesn't work like that. Majority of PC games aren't actually developed to utilize the most out of PC.

They are made with consoles in mind and slightly enhanced on the PC. There are very few that demonstrate the true graphics potential (Crysis series being a prime example). Most others you would have to download mods for to make it look like a significant leap over console games rather than just being simply higher res, slightly better textures and better framerate.

Once devs start making games with new hardware in mind, we will see a jump in graphics. How big, no idea, but it isn't the same as simply running a game in higher res, faster framerate.

Uhhh even the best games from the Ps3 don't look as good as Crysis 1 on max settings on PC. They can't even run at the same framerate or resolution. Consoles will never exceed PC, get over it.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6RollingCradlePosted 2/1/2013 3:50:55 PM
^There is no reason to expect a significant leap from a PS4, I'm not even expecting 60fps to be standard on a PS4 so even moderately enhanced PC versions of todays games surpass PS4 already.
#7faris_ruhiPosted 2/1/2013 3:58:25 PM(edited)
Uhhh even the best games from the Ps3 don't look as good as Crysis 1 on max settings on PC. They can't even run at the same framerate or resolution. Consoles will never exceed PC, get over it.

Your reading comprehension is awful.

I said the majority of PC games aren't a significant step up from console games because they were developed with consoles in mind and the hardware was not properly taken advantage of. Not that PC is not a step up from consoles. And I specifically mentioned Crysis as one of the very few games/series that properly takes advantage of PC hardware (just like you did in your retort). But not every PC port or PC game is on the level of Crysis because of the reason I mentioned. In fact, majority of them are like that, just slightly enhanced versions of their console counterparts.

Once PS4 and nextbox games start getting developed, we'll see an even bigger jump in the quality of PC games because the consoles are not holding it back as much.

So yeah to your original post, you can't just use "ANY" game on the pc on high settings to see how ps4 or nextbox will look like.
---
#8RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:00:58 PM
faris_ruhi posted...

Your reading comprehension is awful.

I said the majority of PC games aren't a significant step up from console games because they were developed with consoles in mind and the hardware was not properly taken advantage of. Not that PC is not a step up from consoles. And I specifically mentioned Crysis as one of the very few games/series that properly takes advantage of PC hardware (just like you did in your retort). But not every PC port or PC game is on the level of Crysis because of the reason I listed.

Once PS4 and nextbox games start getting developed, we'll see an even bigger jump in the quality of PC games because the consoles are not holding it back as much.

That's not the point.

I'm showing what graphics will be similar to on the Ps4, not that all PC games look better.

Crysis 3, being JUST released, will forever outpace the Ps4. So you're looking at less than the graphics of the video, for the next 7 years.

That's great that PC's will have a jump over the years, but all I'm saying is that this is what the next-gen graphics will be similar to.
---
#9faris_ruhiPosted 2/1/2013 4:01:56 PM
Once again, you're just mentioning one series.

I'm responding to your "Just look at any PC game at high or max settings." sentence, which is clearly not true.
---
#10RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:15:37 PM
faris_ruhi posted...
Once again, you're just mentioning one series.

I'm responding to your "Just look at any PC game at high or max settings." sentence, which is clearly not true.

Still sort of true since 1080p 60fps is probably a reality :)

But yes, I do realize now that I shouldn't have said ANY
---