This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's tales of graces f?

#1MegaMettaurPosted 2/1/2013 5:56:24 PM
I just picked it up, but I can't play it, cuz I'm at work.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#2Virus66Posted 2/1/2013 6:01:28 PM
Story is considerably worse than the likes of Abyss, Vesperia and Symphonia IMO. It's not horrible by any means, just not as good. But the battle system is by far my favorite of the series.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3EternalNetherPosted 2/1/2013 6:02:59 PM(edited)
Fairly solid. The child arc is a bit of a struggle to get past, the combat is pretty good, and the story has its moments.

But the game never really hits the highs found in a game like Tales of the Abyss. The lore isn't as deep, and the world is nowhere near as interesting. It's a very good JRPG, but I personally thing Abyss, Symphonia, and Vesperia are all much better.

EDIT: People talk about the combat and how great it was. I found it pretty enjoyable, but for some reason I don't consider it the best in the series. Something feels off about it. Abyss had better combat.
#4Asd202Posted 2/1/2013 6:02:58 PM
Story is bad , Combat is great , Music is mediocre.
#5MisterSpliffPosted 2/1/2013 6:03:42 PM
I really like the Tales series, but I could never finish this one...
---
PSN: x-Spliph-x
#6ZeroFinalPosted 2/1/2013 6:04:05 PM
I think the battle system is great, but the story frustrated me to no end. The main character is so maddeningly obsessed with friendship. He never shuts up about it, despite the circumstances.
#7Virus66Posted 2/1/2013 6:06:14 PM
At least we will be getting Xillia soon, which is considered the best Tales game to date.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8jbl8199Posted 2/1/2013 6:07:41 PM
Asd202 posted...
Story is bad , Combat is great , Music is mediocre.

Pretty much this. I played for a while, but sold it because I found the characters pretty uninteresting.
#9mogar002Posted 2/1/2013 6:09:08 PM
Worst Tales game, everything but the combat is garbage
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#10whiteninja2000Posted 2/1/2013 6:09:37 PM
I didnt think the story or characters were that bad but I guess that's because I suffered through so4's Main character.