This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's tales of graces f?

#31MegaMettaur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:34:02 PM
Mystickay86 posted...
BlinkWinkel posted...
jbl8199 posted...
Asd202 posted...
Story is bad , Combat is great , Music is mediocre.

Pretty much this. I played for a while, but sold it because I found the characters pretty uninteresting.

The horrible English dub doesn't help either.

Dub ain't that bad. You're over exaggerating.

He's probably one of those run of the mill sub> dub guys. Face it. Dubbed voices haven't been bad since 2003ish.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#32jzp920Posted 2/1/2013 7:34:13 PM
Battle system is great, story is meh but not as bad as some people make it out to be. Characters are mixed, personally I didn't like Asbel but the rest of the cast was pretty cool and their interactions in the skits go a long way to make them more likeable.

The music is really underwhelming too imo, it's not bad but it feels kind of phoned in. the other Tales games all have at least one tune that stands out and is memorable but I can't recall any theme from Graces. The dungeons are a mixed bag, there are a few neat ones in there but a some of them are really annoying to navigate because every other room looks the exact same.

There's a lot of content to the game though, lots of sidequests to do, discoveries to make, skits to find, titles to earn, a crafting system, etc etc.

If I had to rank the series it would go Vesperia > Graces > Symphonia > Abyss > Phantasia
---
Steam: THE FUN STARTS HERE
PSN ID: sun-nova
#33majin nemesisPosted 2/1/2013 7:41:01 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
majin nemesis posted...
FellDude posted...
The main character is annoying and obsessed with friendship to the point of stalking an ex-friend (who tried to kill him) with hope of reconciliation.

his ex-friend never tried to kill him and he never was his ex-friend they were friends from start to finish .

What's the point of putting spoiler tags on something so vague? it's not a spoiler if you're not spoiling.

it may be vague and it's only vague because you haven't played the game but it is still a spoiler
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#34DragoonGriffithPosted 2/1/2013 8:03:23 PM
HIroChu posted...
If you've played abyss, vesperia, and symphonia... I'd say..

Story-abyss>symphonia>graces f>vesperia. (vesperia's was just plain boring and uninteresting. Graces Fs story was ok)

Combat-Abyss>Graces F>Vesperia>Symphonia

Music-abyss>symphonia>vesperia>graces f

characters-abyss>vesperia=graces f>symphonia

content-abyss=vesperia>symphonia>graces f

The story wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that interesting. I never got tired of fighting in this game. The music wasn't good, but I don't mind that. The game has a buttload of content; I got to 105 hours first playthrough with sidequests. And the skits and the future arc made me like the characters more. Overall, I would say this game is totally worth it.

This is a Abyss fanboy if I've ever seen one.
---
Currently playing: Earthbound, Radiant Historia.
#35ShineboxerPosted 2/1/2013 8:15:02 PM
Gameplay in battle is entertaining, rest of the game is pure crap.

don't buy and avoid the weird look the dude gives you or find a female clerk.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#36majin nemesisPosted 2/2/2013 11:58:07 AM
Shineboxer posted...
Gameplay in battle is entertaining, rest of the game is pure crap.

don't buy and avoid the weird look the dude gives you or find a female clerk.

why would they give a weird look to you buying an awesome game actually they would most likely give you a weird look if you buy an FPS to make sure you're not going to shoot them
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#37THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/2/2013 12:06:30 PM
Combat in the game is the best in the series. And I like the story so far and with this being the Tales series it's story is kinda like the others in a way.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#38LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/2/2013 12:14:45 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
HIroChu posted...
If you've played abyss, vesperia, and symphonia... I'd say..

Story-abyss>symphonia>graces f>vesperia. (vesperia's was just plain boring and uninteresting. Graces Fs story was ok)

Combat-Abyss>Graces F>Vesperia>Symphonia

Music-abyss>symphonia>vesperia>graces f

characters-abyss>vesperia=graces f>symphonia

content-abyss=vesperia>symphonia>graces f

The story wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that interesting. I never got tired of fighting in this game. The music wasn't good, but I don't mind that. The game has a buttload of content; I got to 105 hours first playthrough with sidequests. And the skits and the future arc made me like the characters more. Overall, I would say this game is totally worth it.

This is a Abyss fanboy if I've ever seen one.

I was about to say this...people can pull out the opinion card for combat, music and characters (although I can't comprehend how Abyss has better combat than Vesperia), but it's pretty much factual that Vesperia has more content.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#39XechsPosted 2/2/2013 12:19:18 PM(edited)
Good combat boring everything else. usually the story in tales is not the best thing but atleast the characterization, villains and presentation is a lot better in other tales games (especially awesome battle music). This game is the very definition of testing whether you actually enjoy gameplay>the whole presentation. If you disliked abyss for characters you are not going into better situation with graces.

The epilogue is probably a lot more fun then the entire main campaign, shows you how bad graces was initially rushed. If you are a fan of tales games it might be worth your time if you like these games and want to support it otherwise I would say it's a pass.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#40DTY3Posted 2/2/2013 12:18:42 PM
One of the best RPG's this generation. Why? Because it's actually fun to play and it's multiplayer.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.