This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Predict next Elder Scrolls game?

#1ninjatrinityPosted 2/1/2013 5:45:12 PM
When can we safely assume to see the next installation of an Elder Scrolls game? I had a complete blast with Skyrim, and I can't wait to see what Bethesda will do next. I don't really care for Elder Scrolls Online because I'm not an MMO fan, but yeah. I would place my bets that we may possibly get some news next year? Hard to say.
#2jubjub360Posted 2/1/2013 5:46:01 PM
After Fallout 4. That's when it shall come out.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#3656stoogePosted 2/1/2013 5:48:25 PM
We'll get it in three or 4 years and it will be called Elsweyr.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#4SubSeenixPosted 2/1/2013 5:51:01 PM(edited)
ninjatrinity posted...
When can we safely assume to see the next installation of an Elder Scrolls game? I had a complete blast with Skyrim, and I can't wait to see what Bethesda will do next. I don't really care for Elder Scrolls Online because I'm not an MMO fan, but yeah. I would place my bets that we may possibly get some news next year? Hard to say.

The only thing we can be sure of
It won't look like this aka the current skyrim thanks to modsupport on PC
http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

Bethesda is a bunch of lazy noobs.
It took fans 2 weeks to achieve this while Bethesda can't do that?
Glad the PC Community is awesome.

Otherwise - Probably Fallout 4 will be maybe the next game.
Till then the PC Community will build million new Elder Scroll Games with Skyrim Mods.
Thousands of new weapons,armor,cities,dungeons,quests,monsters and everything else...Oh they already did this.Well till then we will have 5 million new ES Games > ON PC < <3
#5velvet_hammerPosted 2/1/2013 5:51:13 PM
a game with terrible and laughable gameplay.. Also a technical mess

book it
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#6AstroshakPosted 2/1/2013 5:52:53 PM
I worry about whether we will even GET a "The Elder Scrolls 6 : _______" ... and the reason is simple.

Most games (if not all, I cannot think of a single instance where this did not happen, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt) MMO kills off whatever single player game series there was prior to it. The best example is World of Warcraft - this game killed off the Warcraft series of Real-Time Strategy games.

I just hope that The Elder Scrolls is the exception to this rule.
#7ninjatrinity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:53:36 PM
jubjub360 posted...
After Fallout 4. That's when it shall come out.

So.. when's that coming? lol
#8EoinPosted 2/1/2013 6:09:14 PM
Astroshak posted...
Most games (if not all, I cannot think of a single instance where this did not happen, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt) MMO kills off whatever single player game series there was prior to it.

There's one very obvious example - Final Fantasy. There were single player games released after FFXI and there have been single player games after FFXIV (only spinoffs so far, but mainstream games are pretty much guaranteed).

There's also Star Wars, Star Trek, Dynasty Warriors, and a few others depending on how strictly you may want to define genres.

Astroshak posted...
I just hope that The Elder Scrolls is the exception to this rule.

There's no reason it wouldn't be. It's being developed by a different team. It's not like it's going to take away from development of the next single-player Elder Scrolls game, and it's not like there's any possible doubt about whether a single-player Elder Scrolls game would be successful.
#9howdyneighbor25Posted 2/1/2013 6:20:08 PM
let me guess u start as a prisoner
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#10SpacePirateSealPosted 2/1/2013 7:29:33 PM
Big, open, empty, boring, and beautiful. Gameplay that plays like a 1 button masher, dumbed down mechanics, will be fun for about 20 hours but then the fun fades as you realize there's really nothing to the game at all.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410