This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CONFIRMED EA is the worst company ever in gaming history

#31huyiPosted 2/1/2013 7:44:35 PM
params7 posted...
b-but its o-optional!11one

it's optional!, you don't have to pay!, it's not compulsory! just buy the game and pay more money DLC to EA! buy! buy! buy!

XD
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#32OEIO999Posted 2/1/2013 7:53:02 PM
king_madden posted...
OEIO999 posted...
Lol, people buying EA prodcuts than complaining like a b**** when they decide to amp it up a notch. If you hadn't realised EA is a disease among the gaming community, than you've been living under a rock and don't deserve to complain

just in this instance, how does this affect the game? these things you can buy can be found in game with no purchase at all, so whats wrong with this DLC? isnt it suppose to be extra/optional? thats exactly what this is, it doesnt take away from anything, and doesnt charge you for anything important, I thought this is what people expected dlc to be.

It's not what's effecting the game, its the ethics behind it. Even more so by the fact, where its blatantly obvious how they subtracted content from the main game just so they can sell it at an extra price. Now I'm not just talking about Dead Space, mostly becasue I couldn't care less about any games served up by EA personally, but this practise is underhanded and shouldn't be overlooked by the gaming community. One game that I personally cared about, which was made by a company, currently owned by EA, was Mass Effect 3. When I found out that a HUGE part of the game/plot was cut off to be sold separately on the same day as the release of the game, I was outraged and I knew that we as gamers had to stand up to these cheap and greedy acts committed by fat-cat upper-managements getting their gritty hands on this relatively innocent and peaceful business (its almost like overcharging for a variety of medicines for the elderly, stay away from our world you fat-grummy rich-cats!). Also if today they cut of samples of games to be sold to Gamers at a seperate price, what else can we hope to see in the near-future?
#33killakPosted 2/1/2013 7:54:32 PM
How many businesses in the world don't sell addons?
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#34OEIO999Posted 2/1/2013 7:56:35 PM
killak posted...
How many businesses in the world don't sell addons?

I don't think you're getting the point, for example compare the business acts of EA and Capcom to the likes of Bethesda and Rockstar
#35bigdeezPosted 2/1/2013 8:06:53 PM(edited)
Rockstar is an odd duck because they are a quality company that is not just about the $$$ but about the quality of their products. They do not let a game leave the house until they are a 1000% sure it is ready.
-- Rockstar fanboy #1

side note - killak is the undertaker

---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne
#36killakPosted 2/1/2013 8:01:34 PM
I don't think you're getting the point, for example compare the business acts of EA and Capcom to the likes of Bethesda and Rockstar

EA sells advancement options

Capcom sells costume colours

Bethesda sell Horse Armour

Rockstar Sell Multiplayer maps

Not exclusively, of course.

They're all options. They don't hurt if you don't have them, and it's a bonus if you want to pony up for them. I can't think of the last time I tried to buy something, that didn't have a bunch of tick boxes below it for addons. It's just how it is.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp
#37OEIO999Posted 2/1/2013 8:02:16 PM
bigdeez posted...
Rockstar is an odd duck because they are a quality company that is not just about the $$$ but about the quality of their products. They do not let a game leave the house until they are a 1000% sure it is ready.
-- Rockstar fanboy

I have never loved another GfaQs user, until I met you, no homo --- Rockstar fanboy #2
#38ShinXaguraPosted 2/1/2013 8:03:13 PM
I like EA but I hate their business practices but gamers do have different opinion.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#39kingofall214Posted 2/1/2013 8:04:42 PM
OEIO999 posted...
bigdeez posted...
-- Rockstar fanboy

I have never loved another GfaQs user, until I met you, no homo --- Rockstar fanboy #2

Agreed. Rockstar fanboy #3
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#40bigdeezPosted 2/1/2013 8:06:21 PM(edited)
OEIO999 posted...

lmao, its like......were soul mates...no homo
---Rockstar Fanboy #1
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne