This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CONFIRMED EA is the worst company ever in gaming history

#41king_maddenPosted 2/1/2013 8:06:17 PM
OEIO999 posted...
king_madden posted...
OEIO999 posted...
Lol, people buying EA prodcuts than complaining like a b**** when they decide to amp it up a notch. If you hadn't realised EA is a disease among the gaming community, than you've been living under a rock and don't deserve to complain

just in this instance, how does this affect the game? these things you can buy can be found in game with no purchase at all, so whats wrong with this DLC? isnt it suppose to be extra/optional? thats exactly what this is, it doesnt take away from anything, and doesnt charge you for anything important, I thought this is what people expected dlc to be.

It's not what's effecting the game, its the ethics behind it. Even more so by the fact, where its blatantly obvious how they subtracted content from the main game just so they can sell it at an extra price. Now I'm not just talking about Dead Space, mostly becasue I couldn't care less about any games served up by EA personally, but this practise is underhanded and shouldn't be overlooked by the gaming community. One game that I personally cared about, which was made by a company, currently owned by EA, was Mass Effect 3. When I found out that a HUGE part of the game/plot was cut off to be sold separately on the same day as the release of the game, I was outraged and I knew that we as gamers had to stand up to these cheap and greedy acts committed by fat-cat upper-managements getting their gritty hands on this relatively innocent and peaceful business (its almost like overcharging for a variety of medicines for the elderly, stay away from our world you fat-grummy rich-cats!). Also if today they cut of samples of games to be sold to Gamers at a seperate price, what else can we hope to see in the near-future?

what did they cut from the game to add? everything they are selling can be found in game.

as for the ME3 dlc, it wasnt a HUGE part of the game, that keeps getting blown out of proportion. well maybe it wasnt that big of a deal for me. Even if i give you that one game when is another time they have done that? Me3 could still be completed just fine, without, and many people did just that and loved the game, even though they hated the ending, if they wouldve got that part added in would that have changed their minds about the game?

I feel if something is a HUGE part of a game, it should have the power to sway someone opinion on the overall product, but if a game is good without something, and not any better with it, then it wasnt that major.
#42bigdeezPosted 2/1/2013 8:31:11 PM(edited)
Rockstar
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne
-- Rockstar fanboy #1
#43crazyman32Posted 2/1/2013 8:15:44 PM
killak posted...
that rock you live under must be huge as f@@@ if you just now realize all EA games ship with day 1 dlc to unlock stuff that can be found in game for those super lazy but rich folk.

QFT

well said +1
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#44crazyman32Posted 2/1/2013 8:17:32 PM
TC is obsessed with EA and creating annoying topics pay him no mind.
---
#45OEIO999Posted 2/1/2013 8:18:24 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...

what did they cut from the game to add? everything they are selling can be found in game.

as for the ME3 dlc, it wasnt a HUGE part of the game, that keeps getting blown out of proportion. well maybe it wasnt that big of a deal for me. Even if i give you that one game when is another time they have done that? Me3 could still be completed just fine, without, and many people did just that and loved the game, even though they hated the ending, if they wouldve got that part added in would that have changed their minds about the game?

I feel if something is a HUGE part of a game, it should have the power to sway someone opinion on the overall product, but if a game is good without something, and not any better with it, then it wasnt that major.

Just like you said it wasn't a big deal for you, but maybe for others, such as myself, we would've like to have seen what's going on with the whole 'last Prothean alive' thing (don't know if I should've put some spoiler warnings some where...). Saying ME3 or any other games in general can be completed without it, is like saying I can finish a game with my stock weapon without any upgrades, because I'm playing on the simplest difficultly. Does that all of a sudden make it alright for them cut out parts of the main game to be sold separately, just because I didn't feel like experiencing the game to the fullest.
#46spectermaster14Posted 2/1/2013 9:08:27 PM
Absolutely disgusting. Why are the sheep putting up with this? This is the reason why gamers are looked down upon as ignorant basement dwellers that don't even know what's good for themselves.

So we both know you don't actually play this series and this doesn't effect you, so I'll update you a bit... DS1 had just as much day one DLC. You wanna talk sheep, look at the sheer amount of bandwagoning and ignorance from people like this fella.
#47crazyman32Posted 2/1/2013 9:14:33 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Absolutely disgusting. Why are the sheep putting up with this? This is the reason why gamers are looked down upon as ignorant basement dwellers that don't even know what's good for themselves.

So we both know you don't actually play this series and this doesn't effect you, so I'll update you a bit... DS1 had just as much day one DLC. You wanna talk sheep, look at the sheer amount of bandwagoning and ignorance from people like this fella.

agrissa the clown troll shows up and trolls again nothing new.
---
#48killakPosted 2/1/2013 9:15:40 PM
It's amazing how much he tries to be Greer.

He must enjoy being a shadow
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#49ShineboxerPosted 2/1/2013 9:16:26 PM
lol the butthurt

EA is easily one of the best companies in the industry.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#50crazyman32Posted 2/1/2013 9:17:01 PM
killak posted...
It's amazing how much he tries to be Greer.

He must enjoy being a shadow

The fact he looks up to Greer is just creepy and annoying.
---