This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CONFIRMED EA is the worst company ever in gaming history

#61killakPosted 2/1/2013 9:32:32 PM
From: jubjub360 | #058
They are. Why would any sane person kiss that ass and so much of it.


Dunno, but he was always in his topics to back him up, and now he's filling the void of his idiocy....... provided he is actually gone.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#62crazyman32Posted 2/1/2013 9:35:12 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
bigdeez posted...
I don't get the big deal about dlc, honestly whats the problem? It's not mandatory for you to buy dlc. It's not like their making you buy the last level as dlc. wtf is the problem?


Annnd, here comes Satan's Advocate around the bend. He's picking up speed! IS HE GOING TO...?!?! YES, HE'S CATCHING UP TO "No one Gives a ****". It's NECK AND AND NECK, IT'S GOING TO BE A PHOTO FINISH!!! OH, HERE WE GOOOO!!!!

....Aww, looks like "No One Gives a ****" still won...


good impression of a troll Fo_Fai oh that's right you are a troll and a bad one at that.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#63jubjub360Posted 2/1/2013 9:41:42 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
jubjub360 posted...
killak posted...
I still believe that the Greer and Agrissa accounts are linked somehow.


They are. Why would any sane person kiss that ass and so much of it.

Also, TC probably still thinks that Dead Space is horror. Do you realize how many topics he's made on it that is just blind hating?


Dead Space IS horror. Being scary is an altogether different thing, and subject to differing opinions.


Well depending on how you look at the definition of horror.

TC has stated that the atmosphere makes Dead Space horror by itself. In that regard, he's wrong. It's a dark space ship. Once one realizes that and begins to use a light, the element of horror dissipates. Now lets view Dead Space 3. It's atmosphere is now snowy. This is more in tune with what true horror is. Can you shine your light in a blizzard and expect it to cut through the veil? You could try but it won't work as well as you were expecting. That begins to leave a sense of dread in your mind and makes you think "What's in the blizzard?"

The only way that Dead Space is "horror" in any sense is the gore presented in the game (by today's definition of horror, horror is gore based subjects rather than "Oh no! Jump scare" which falls more in line with thriller than horror)
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#64MyWifeBeatsMePosted 2/1/2013 9:53:20 PM
At least EA only has Western Game developers and stays far away from the abomination of that one genre that is JRPGs

I will continue to support EA seeing how they make great Western Games and I believe Western Games will continue to innovate and move the gaming industry forward while Japan is slowing the industry down.
#65jrr18Posted 2/1/2013 9:54:43 PM
jason19192 posted...
Coop14 posted...
So EA or Crapcom, who is the bigger evil?

EA has been digging this grave for awhile


I dont see capcom doing micro transactions.


ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh wait your serious?
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#66killakPosted 2/1/2013 9:55:47 PM
From: MyWifeBeatsMe | #064
At least EA only has Western Game developers and stays far away from the abomination of that one genre that is JRPGs

I will continue to support EA seeing how they make great Western Games and I believe Western Games will continue to innovate and move the gaming industry forward while Japan is slowing the industry down.


Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#67ZombiDeadZombiPosted 2/1/2013 9:56:11 PM
The atmosphere in DS1/2/3 definitely makes up some of the horror. You are in cramped tight places with poor lighting, some areas nearly totally dark, and eerie music/background noise with things that go bump in the night.

I wouldn't say the atmosphere is what makes it horror, but it plays a big part in it, something someone with a completely dark room with a good sound system (or an awesome headset) can attest to.

Dead Space 3 on the other hand, has snowy environments for maybe 5% of the game (this I know personally), the remaining 95% is in similar cramped corridors with eerie lighting, eerie background noise and little lighting.

The horror genre encompasses much more than gore,and taking everything into account in the Dead Space games it is very deep into the horror genre.

Jump scares, gore, monsters, mutilation, creepy atmosphere all fall heavily into the horror realm, and anyone who says that the only thing it has going for it in the horror genre is gore, is not a fan of the horror genre.
#68ADHDguitarPosted 2/1/2013 9:57:15 PM
This, along with the fact that they're giving Nintendo the shaft because Ninty won't let them force Origin on their console is making me want to just boycott everything they touch.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#69jubjub360Posted 2/1/2013 10:02:32 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
The atmosphere in DS1/2/3 definitely makes up some of the horror. You are in cramped tight places with poor lighting, some areas nearly totally dark, and eerie music/background noise with things that go bump in the night.

I wouldn't say the atmosphere is what makes it horror, but it plays a big part in it, something someone with a completely dark room with a good sound system (or an awesome headset) can attest to.

Dead Space 3 on the other hand, has snowy environments for maybe 5% of the game (this I know personally), the remaining 95% is in similar cramped corridors with eerie lighting, eerie background noise and little lighting.

The horror genre encompasses much more than gore,and taking everything into account in the Dead Space games it is very deep into the horror genre.

Jump scares, gore, monsters, mutilation, creepy atmosphere all fall heavily into the horror realm, and anyone who says that the only thing it has going for it in the horror genre is gore, is not a fan of the horror genre.


Oh so you are the one who dictates who is a fan and who isn't? Here let me try: Anyone who thinks that jump scares is horror and not thriller is wrong and is not a true fan of horror.

Godzilla has monsters in it.

Se7en has creepy environments in it.

The X Files I want to Believe and the movie before it has some jump scares in it.

Notice a pattern? Godzilla isn't a horror movie, neither is Se7en (as a matter of fact it counts as a thriller), and X Files is a thriller as well.

Dead Space is not a horror. Maybe if they took out the flashlight then it would be more of a horror since then it does give more of the sense of dread. The *only* thing that makes it horror is the mutilation and gore. That's all.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#70glory of power metalPosted 2/1/2013 10:03:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all the stuff available as day 1 content just items you can find in the game or that don't negatively change the experience in any way? Like, it's the kind of thing where if you'd rather drop a couple bucks on items because you don't have the time or patience to find them you can do it, but if you truly want to experience the game those items don't effect you in the slightest?

That's what I've been led to believe. If you have a problem with this I'm sorry how much reaching you need to do in order to come up with inventive ways to hate on games.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher