This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many bones do you think the PS4 will cost?

#113D3Posted 2/1/2013 6:18:13 PM
Only getting it if it's $399.99

No more, no less.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#12PHEEliNUXPosted 2/1/2013 6:19:06 PM
Nine-hundred and ninety-nine US dollar
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#13AwayFromHerePosted 2/1/2013 6:19:56 PM
If it's under $1,000, I'll but it day one.

If it's over $1,000, I might have to wait a week or two.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#14Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/1/2013 6:20:46 PM
You can use bones as currency now? Um... yea no..
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#15sicko26usPosted 2/1/2013 6:21:02 PM
killak posted...
You guys need to look at the history of playstation pricing.

You seriously think it's going to be all this new tech and be a cheap console?

You need to get off your high horse and look at the history of the PS3, there is no way Sony makes the same mistake twice, it would literally ruin them.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#16Virus66Posted 2/1/2013 6:21:35 PM
As much as I would like to see a 400 dollar price point, it will almost definitely be 500 or so, especially considering Sony's history
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#17killakPosted 2/1/2013 6:40:51 PM
You need to get off your high horse and look at the history of the PS3, there is no way Sony makes the same mistake twice, it would literally ruin them.

The only mistake they made was the price point AFTER the 360 had already launched.

All those games you're playing on the PS3......those amazing exclusives....... things you take for granted, like blu-ray, were sold as part of a 599 dollar launch price being sold at a loss.

The only mistake they made, was trying to give ungrateful people the best at the time, which they did. And through it all, they came out good in the end.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#18JoveHackPosted 2/1/2013 6:47:17 PM
killak posted...
The only mistake they made was the price point AFTER the 360 had already launched.

All those games you're playing on the PS3......those amazing exclusives....... things you take for granted, like blu-ray, were sold as part of a 599 dollar launch price being sold at a loss.

The only mistake they made, was trying to give ungrateful people the best at the time, which they did. And through it all, they came out good in the end.

Sony's been losing $billions every year. The total losses on the PS3 have eaten up all the profits of the PS1 and PS2 combined.

Sony can't afford that kind of goodness any more. Not even for a year.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#19FungumPosted 2/1/2013 6:49:35 PM
Pricey enough that no one wants it and it'll kill Sony's gaming division.
#20killakPosted 2/1/2013 6:50:28 PM
Then they can't afford to bring out anything that smokes the WiiU or the next xbox.

If they blow the bank, make it uber and sell it cheap (at a loss), it would be their greatest mistake.

They're better off building something amazing, pricing it appropriately for minimal loss and wait for tech prices to drop so the rest of the "fans" can jump on when it's cheaper.

It will be really interesting to see what they deliver.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*