This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are gamers are so critical with the games frame rate?

#21Virus66Posted 2/1/2013 8:29:30 PM
I personally don't care about 30 to 60fps as long as it is consistent. Once it starts rubberbanding all over the place, I start to notice it and it irritates me.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#22JoveHackPosted 2/1/2013 8:29:55 PM
killak posted...
uhhh big words...u watched fightclub and now u think u are better than others. ok.

Look at the media. Look at the gaming websites. Look how they make 30FPS out to be a big deal, and watch the people fight over it.

on the subject. high frame rate looks smooth and allows higher input per second. (reduced input latency). very good for videogames.

The input latency is very hard to notice unless you break it down frame by frame.

I suspect part of it may be the HDTV. They have DNR and other filters that can cause the video to lag behind the input. That's why some of them have a Game Mode to turn off those filters for gaming.

That plus a little framerate loss could combine to be more noticeable.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#23killakPosted 2/1/2013 8:35:23 PM
Couple of days ago, I watched a youtube video that was linked by a member here.

Basically it broke down the input latency of the 30FPS DmC to the PC version at 60FPS. It was literally slowed to a frame a second, and the difference was usually 5 or so.

5 or so frames, in a burst of 30 in each second of your life.

I sat down and played the game, and held the controller up to the screen and swiped the sword and fired the guns. It literally felt like I hadn't fully depressed the button before my sword swing was complete, let alone started.

And yes, many of us have input lag on our HDTVs, and blame the game.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#24killakPosted 2/1/2013 8:35:48 PM
And game mode is tragic.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#25MegaMettaurPosted 2/1/2013 8:40:14 PM
When your game doesn't run smoothly on a console, figure out why, or don't release it on that console. As much as I love dark souls, the areas and reasons the frame rate drops are definitely not good.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#26ElBorak77Posted 2/1/2013 8:49:58 PM(edited)
i don't mind unless it gets really distracting.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#27velvet_hammerPosted 2/1/2013 8:58:09 PM(edited)
framerate > anything else

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#28OrangeSchweesePosted 2/1/2013 9:00:04 PM
3D3 posted...
I'm not critical but when I see 60FPS...DAT 60FPS!
#29themegaman7Posted 2/1/2013 9:04:59 PM
Game perfomance shouldn't EVER have to suffer just for the sake of prettier graphics.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#30vanished814Posted 2/1/2013 9:19:37 PM
because it seems like now the majority prefer graphics over gameplay unfortunately.