This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are gamers are so critical with the games frame rate?

#31NicodimusPosted 2/1/2013 8:22:06 PM
Because when it changes on the fly, it is horribly distracting.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#32SideStrafePosted 2/1/2013 8:36:36 PM
Because 60 FPS makes games look better. It's pretty much objective fact.

Everything becomes smoother in motion and looks better as a result. 30 FPS is certainly playable... but it's not 60 FPS.
---
"I don't know what to do when she cries. The best I can do is punch anyone who makes her cry."
#33abnergoinbigPosted 2/1/2013 8:39:48 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
I don't understand the difference between 30 and 60..once it gets close to 30 fps, I stop seeing any difference. I understand it from a technical standpoint, and I have really good eyesight, but 30 fps looks just like 60 fps to me..

Get dem eyes checked out son.
#34keybladeXIIIPosted 2/1/2013 8:40:49 PM
Blame PC gamers and their master race
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#35SideStrafePosted 2/1/2013 8:46:23 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
framerate > anything else

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

And seriously, this. Open two different pages of this site and use the same background asset (I recommend the forest one). Put them side by side and put one background at 30 and the other at 60.

The difference is easily seen.
---
"I don't know what to do when she cries. The best I can do is punch anyone who makes her cry."
#36lambchipsPosted 2/1/2013 8:49:48 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Blame PC gamers and their master race

thats because most of the games are also available on pc... consoles are prepackged pcs this gen, so its hard not to compare the games
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#37FiendingHardPosted 2/1/2013 8:54:59 PM
60fps is butter smooth. 30fps is choppy but still doable as long as its consistent. I noticed the difference all the way back in 2007 with CoD4 and Halo 3 (CoD4 is 60fps, Halo 3 is 30fps). There is a huge difference between the two although tools like killak will try to tell you otherwise by using mediocre games like DmC to gauge the difference.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#38glory of power metalPosted 2/1/2013 8:57:12 PM
I don't see anyone being critical and saying it's of utmost importance for all games. At some point somebody states that a game looks better on PC because it runs at 60 fps or people discuss the possibility of PS4 running natively at 60 fps. Then someone says that it either doesn't matter at all or that the human eye can't detect anything higher than 30 fps. Multiple people then correct that person for being wrong, but I never see it blatantly shoved down anyone's throat.

It's a simple fact that it's better, but everyone seems to be on the same page that playing a game at 30 fps doesn't make a difference in the world if that happens to be the only option.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#39FiendingHardPosted 2/1/2013 8:59:44 PM
killak posted...
Couple of days ago, I watched a youtube video that was linked by a member here.

Basically it broke down the input latency of the 30FPS DmC to the PC version at 60FPS. It was literally slowed to a frame a second, and the difference was usually 5 or so.

5 or so frames, in a burst of 30 in each second of your life.

Maybe if you spent less time hating everyone on here and more time getting your facts straight you'd know that Youtube videos are 30fps.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#40JoveHackPosted 2/1/2013 9:21:44 PM
FiendingHard posted...
Maybe if you spent less time hating everyone on here and more time getting your facts straight you'd know that Youtube videos are 30fps.

If they're showing one (source) frame per second, that shouldn't matter.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com