This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are gamers are so critical with the games frame rate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why are gamers are so critical with the games frame rate?

User Info: Great_Pudding_3

Great_Pudding_3
3 years ago#61
30 or 60 isn't a big deal to me, but when a game runs below 30, that's an issue.
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 years ago#62
30fps BF3 = Sluggish soldier, slower gameplay, soldier feels heavy and you simply can't react and aim like they intended

60fps BF3 = Lighter soldier, can run around freely, aim quickly.

60fps means a smoother, faster game. I built a gaming PC simply because I wanted 60fps in games. I can't imagine how you console players played Far Cry 3 with 20fps.
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay

User Info: agrissa

agrissa
3 years ago#63
HUGE differences between 30fps and 60fps. I can't believe there are ppl with eyes bad enough to not be able to tell the difference. Gameplay-wise, high fps is a must to enjoy fast-action games.
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~

User Info: nurnberg

nurnberg
3 years ago#64
Because 30 fps is awful! It looks terrible, and it reduces the enjoyment of a game. No game should be released in 30 fps. Ever.
Official Gamefaqs thread killer

User Info: djiluvu44

djiluvu44
3 years ago#65
fallenswords posted...
did you play Shadow of the Colossus last gen?

that is a great example of a great game that has a framerate that makes it near unplayable.

Yes I did and I never had an near unplayable experience with it. Its still one of the best PS2 games ever.

User Info: DashMasters

DashMasters
3 years ago#66
Played Gothic 4 Arcania on the 360 and the framerate was so bad my eyes hurt for 4 days after.
Hater of Scratched Discs
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why are gamers are so critical with the games frame rate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived