This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long do you guys think Bioware is going to last after Dragon Age 3?

#1mtjormitchPosted 2/1/2013 7:49:23 PM
Personally. I give it 6 months at the very most after it is released. We all know what is going to happen. It is going to have a ME3 ending. We all pretty much know this in our hearts... the company can't survive another ending fiasco... I mean, the founders left BECAUSE of the freaking fans outrage. That is bad. Very bad... we all know it is going to happen again in Dragon Age 3 so... yeah... How long would you guys give Bioware?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2VanderZooPosted 2/1/2013 8:29:58 PM
I think they've learned from their mistakes and DA3 will be an excellent game.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#3Auron772Posted 2/1/2013 8:31:30 PM
I think they learned their lesson with DAII(meaning EA is giving them much more time) and it's going to be an amazing game like most of their recent entries have been.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#4whatnow12012Posted 2/1/2013 10:04:18 PM
DA 3 is going to be awesome based on the info I have gathered & found it looks nothing like the previous 2 games and will play nothing like the previous 2 games.

The only deal is that we can use the saves from the previous 2 games which means DA 3 is going to be Dual Generations current as well as PS4.

Also the Director of Dragon Age Mike Liadaw said via twitter that DA 3 is still on track for Holidays 2013 and every site and place I have seen still has DA 3 listed for current gen some you can even pre-order DA 3 as well as others such as Dark Souls 2 which is also current gen.

Also you have to piece together all the info and all that info screams current gen cause NFS, BattleField and others have used Frostbite 2 on current gen systems.

I also think Bioware learned for ME 3 although I didnt see the big problem with the ending as I understood it and I knew what it represented in the end and each of the colors and what they mean.

People get pissed at things they dont understand this is the reason for MEs Fallout me I loved the game and saw nothing wrong with it.

Cant wait for DA 3 which I am getting on my 360 cause of my previous saves
#5ADHDguitarPosted 2/1/2013 10:06:25 PM
Hopefully they'll make the combat more old-school again instead of pandering to the "durr, I want to press a button to attack," crowd.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6vgsrulePosted 2/1/2013 10:07:59 PM
I don't think Dragon Age is a confirmed trilogy.

There's no real reason to believe the story will even end.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#7PoorCountryPosted 2/1/2013 10:18:55 PM(edited)
I hope the ending depicts medieval Bioware fans going up on stage and dictating to the actors what they want the show to be, and then Anders blows them up.

EDIT: Actually, they all go up there and boss the actors around, and suddenly start arguing with each other, all the audience members standing on the stage, bickering heatedly. A monkey swings overhead, pooping on them all. A vase is flung across the stage and disappears behind the curtain. The actors watch in awe as the audience rapidly descend to cannibalizing each other, and die pointlessly before the show's even begun.
#8AcquirePosted 2/1/2013 10:17:07 PM
This topic makes no sense. All of Bioware's games have been hugely successful. Dragon Age 3 looks like it's going to be a great game.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#9thisranksPosted 2/1/2013 10:32:47 PM
PoorCountry posted...
I hope the ending depicts medieval Bioware fans going up on stage and dictating to the actors what they want the show to be, and then Anders blows them up.

EDIT: Actually, they all go up there and boss the actors around, and suddenly start arguing with each other, all the audience members standing on the stage, bickering heatedly. A monkey swings overhead, pooping on them all. A vase is flung across the stage and disappears behind the curtain. The actors watch in awe as the audience rapidly descend to cannibalizing each other, and die pointlessly before the show's even begun.

I'd love to see this happen to all those who hated on ME3's original ending.

As for the topic, with the current fanbase they have i wouldn't be surprised at outrage regarding DA3's ending whether it finishes the series or not even if it's perfectly done. There has been a nasty trend this gen of gamers who think they are "entitled" to the endings they want. It's disgusting.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#10glory of power metalPosted 2/1/2013 10:57:58 PM
Could a totally speculative outlook be any more negative?

After the backlash from DA2 and ME3, they're definitely going to take a step back and evaluate this very thoroughly.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher