This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of Game Demos to be shown on Sony's February 20th Event (MAJOR SPOILERS)

#21dj___rollPosted 2/1/2013 11:55:14 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
iPr0kkaFTW posted...

Without further ado, here's a list of confirmed games (thus far) that are going to be shown at Sony's Feb. 20th event:

Electronic Arts
Battlefield 4 DICE
Madden 25 (for next-gen hardware) EA Tiburon

Epic Games
Real time demo to be shown of Unreal Engine 4.0 running on hardware

Sony Computer Entertainment
Gran Turismo (6) Polyphony Digital
KILLZONE 4 Guerilla Games

Rumours are circulating that Respawn Entertainment's project may be shown in the event but may be saved for Microsoft's E3 Press Conference instead. SCE will have more 1st- & 3rd-party developer studios to showcase its games running on the next-generation PlayStation as the event is still being prepared. Gossip says Sucker Punch Productions is ready to show its next-gen project. Ubisoft is planning to showcase a title running on the next-gen PlayStation (presumably Watch Dogs I bet).

No mention of Capcom, Konami and SquareEnix releasing demos.

Another generation full of Western-style games?

*yawn...*

Sony never learns.

Yeah, I'm sure demoing a bunuch of RPGs would have killed over what they're planning to show... It would have made the couple hundred thousand that buy RPGs happy anyway. That would be genius, target the niche audience at a marketing event.

Mainstream haters are the biggest hypocrites. Suck it up and quit whining like your opinion is what matters most when you have one of the lowest grossing genres for video games. There's a reason SquareEnix releases so many "sequels" instead of new epics every time.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#22kingrat2314Posted 2/2/2013 4:07:48 AM
Every game that TC listed sounds like they hand picked games that would best show off console tech. If this is true, then Sony is more interested in showing off the actual console instead of games this early. Just wait until E3, and there will be a lot more variety.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#23Rojo_Posted 2/2/2013 6:15:52 AM
Eroyume posted...
Watch Dogs is not a next gen title, they confirmed it would be available on ps3.

That doesn't mean there won't be a PS4 version. I believe it's one of Ubisoft's cross-gen games.

it already has been stated that it would be cross gen
---
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.
#24kingstagPosted 2/2/2013 7:26:15 AM
Didn't someone at the Santa Monica studio let slip that The Last Guardian was finally going to be unveiled (again)?
#25xbs2034Posted 2/2/2013 7:33:21 AM
Rojo_ posted...
Eroyume posted...
Watch Dogs is not a next gen title, they confirmed it would be available on ps3.

That doesn't mean there won't be a PS4 version. I believe it's one of Ubisoft's cross-gen games.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has also been reported that Battlefield 4 will be cross-gen. I think it will be like this gen where for the first year or two, many multiplats will release for both gens (you saw that with some early PS3 games and even more with XBox 360 games when the gen was just starting).
#26EroyumePosted 2/2/2013 7:52:09 AM
Eroyume posted...

I haven't seen any real confirmation on this, just that it's pretty much assumed by everyone in the press at this point.

I do know there is no way the stuff shown in the trailer could be rendered at a playable framerate on the PS3 (it lacks the memory for one thing, VRAM especially). It'll be scaled down for current consoles, of course, but what was shown in that particular build at E3 could only run on next-gen hardware.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#27kingofjamaicaPosted 2/2/2013 8:32:52 AM
So..

2 generic FPS games
1 generic sports game
1 racing game

Think I've seen enough..

To be fair, the best way to show off the power of the console is to show FPSs and racing games. They push the hardware at a far more technical level than other genres.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#28Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 2/2/2013 8:59:45 AM
It would be good to get the next-gen PlayStation thought out there, but not expecting to see any major reveal for it. Hopefully sony can get back to form with it, but they've got a long way to go in getting back public perception in the US.
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'
#29Rojo_Posted 2/2/2013 10:24:51 AM
Eroyume posted...
Eroyume posted...

I haven't seen any real confirmation on this, just that it's pretty much assumed by everyone in the press at this point.

I do know there is no way the stuff shown in the trailer could be rendered at a playable framerate on the PS3 (it lacks the memory for one thing, VRAM especially). It'll be scaled down for current consoles, of course, but what was shown in that particular build at E3 could only run on next-gen hardware.

it was said in a developer interview or even E3 of that im sure
---
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.
#30YggdrasillePosted 2/2/2013 10:35:20 AM
Meh, if it's true...
---
Playing: DOA5 (PS3), Dragon's Dogma (PS3), Tales of Graces F, Atelier Meruru, Persona 4 Golden; Waiting for: Naruto SUNS 3, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia