This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why's everyone giving the European players the short end of the stick?

#21maximumbarmagePosted 2/2/2013 6:31:52 AM
Because the EU is an absolute cluster**** for releasing anything. Individual ratings bodies for every country, multiple language localisations, extra long certification processes. We should be glad Europe represents such a huge chunk of the games market, or else we'd never see anything released here.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#22killakPosted 2/2/2013 6:33:30 AM
I stopped caring once we hit HD

Borders......buh bye
12.5% slower.......buh bye.

I couldn't give a rats about release schedules
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#23AWarAmp84Posted 2/2/2013 6:37:12 AM
maximumbarmage posted...
Because the EU is an absolute cluster**** for releasing anything. Individual ratings bodies for every country, multiple language localisations, extra long certification processes. We should be glad Europe represents such a huge chunk of the games market, or else we'd never see anything released here.

This.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#24KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/2/2013 6:38:21 AM
ashcrv posted...
ThePuddingMan posted...
That's what they get for driving on the wrong side of the road.

Only the UK does that because they're special or something.

Correct, we are special. Finally people are getting it.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#25namethatno1usesPosted 2/2/2013 7:31:57 AM
This gen was a *blessing* for PAL gamers. No region lock, near simultaneous releases!

The only companies who are still "evil" are:
- Atlus: Xseed and NISA both release everything here even without a European branch. Atlus just doesn't care and yet everyone loves them. PALs don't.
- Namco Bandai: 3-4 month extra wait time along with the 2-3 years of time needed from JPN to US.
- Nintendo: Region locks, no price drops, 6 month extra wait times, many games NEVER make it. We never got SNES FF titles, Chrono games, Earthbound etc.

I'm not buying anything Nintendo anymore.. they just don't care about us. (Please don't make the Pokemon X/Y argument, they're doing that for NA fans mostly.)
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#26Wario_manPosted 2/2/2013 7:54:55 AM
It is even worse with X/Y actually since if they can be bothered to make a worldwide release for that, why not everything else?
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#27PrinceVege101Posted 2/2/2013 8:00:25 AM(edited)
Logistics most likely. But hey, with Nintendo/Gamefreak getting their act together for worlwide releases maybe other people will too - namely Bamco.
---
Andraste's dimpled butt cheeks!
#28darkstriker00Posted 2/2/2013 8:11:25 AM
Wario_man posted...
It is even worse with X/Y actually since if they can be bothered to make a worldwide release for that, why not everything else?

It would probably take longer per game. For all we know Pokemon X/Y could have been released in spring for NA and Japan but since they are going for a worldwide release it's being pushed back to Fall.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#29ashcrv(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:48:11 AM
darkstriker00 posted...
Wario_man posted...

It would probably take longer per game. For all we know Pokemon X/Y could have been released in spring for NA and Japan but since they are going for a worldwide release it's being pushed back to Fall.

So what's the problem then? All games release in the same week worldwide and everyone's happy. I really don't see a problem here. Better than some getting the game first and some never getting the game like before mentioned Chrono or Earthbound that the Europeans never got. If it was all worldwide release they'd get it and we'd get it.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!