This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please OH! Please OH! Please OH! Sony don't release the PS4 for like 599 bucks!!

#1HellsingOrgPosted 2/2/2013 2:45:05 AM
Seriously I really really hope it costs like 349 - 399 bucks.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2Ruff_PuffPosted 2/2/2013 2:51:22 AM
The PS3 cost around $1000 at release where I am, so I can't see the PS4 being $350. :\
Can you even currently get a PS3 for $350 off-sale and in Australia? I don't know these things.
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#3Deimos259Posted 2/2/2013 2:58:54 AM
The Feb 20 reveal will be just this one line

599 US Dollars
---
http://db.tt/xj1JkeLe
#4Evel138Posted 2/2/2013 3:03:23 AM(edited)
I'd gladly pay $600 if the tech justifies it.

What pissed me off about the PS3 was the Blu-ray drive being arbitrarily attached to the system (inflating the price). I think anyone that could actually be honest about it knew, even then, that this drive wasn't included because it had any great benefit for gaming (which time has proved in that the system with a DVD having maybe a dozen titles out of hundreds that required two discs), but that it was included to get an artificially larger footprint over HD-DVD. It was all about HD movie distribution (a business SONY very much has a vested interest in) and who was going to secure the next format (another long time SONY pursuit).

They expected their gaming base would gladly pay the extra price just so that they could win that format war.......they were wrong and that one arrogant misstep cost their PlayStation brand a lot of mind (and market) share this Gen.

Let's just hope they learned their lesson.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#5TauriLeaderPosted 2/2/2013 3:18:20 AM
I doubt it will cost that much.

The economy is different than 2006. People don't have the money for that now. Sony of all people know this.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#6chiefofsb78Posted 2/2/2013 3:21:39 AM
People want a backwards compatibility next level high tech new age console ect. and want it for around $300-$400 lol good luck with that
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#7killakPosted 2/2/2013 3:23:22 AM
People want a backwards compatibility next level high tech new age console ect. and want it for around $300-$400 lol good luck with that

My thoughts exactly.
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#8HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 3:29:07 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...

yeah because having PS1, PS2 and PS3 BC is sooooooo costly and expensive >_>

then whats up with "new age" are they like catering to hippies now or something?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#9killakPosted 2/2/2013 3:34:28 AM
yeah because having PS1, PS2 and PS3 BC is sooooooo costly and expensive >_>

You know the PS3 has licensed IBM and nVidia hardware in it right?

You know the rumoured specs of the new playstation are AMD and AMD, right? They can't just throw PS3 hardware in it for BC purposes. The BC for PS3 would be a nightmare and/or very expensive.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#10leopoldsharkPosted 2/2/2013 3:45:23 AM
They won't. It worked so well for the PS3 launch. Fortunately PS3 rebounded, but it was still a huge blunder for Sony. I doubt they'll make the same mistake again.

Most of the cost was for developing the Blu-Ray. They don't have to do that anymore, so it should be cheaper (unless they have their own gimmick for their new console).