This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games that you truly regret buying?

#1Justice98405Posted 2/2/2013 3:58:19 AM
I've got over 200 physical copies of games over all my systems. I've got WAY too many games, but I just like buying them, obviously.

And I'm pretty sure I can honestly say in all of these games (and more, since I've dumped some of my 360 games that I had before) I only REALLY regret buying one of them. I may not play many of the games I have much if at all, to be honest, but I don't regret getting them.

But Record of Agarest War for 360. THAT one I regret.

God what an AWFUL game. I wanted a turn-based SRPG, but I didn't have a PS3 at the time (too bad, FFT, Valkyria Chonicles, etc), so I was looking at Vandal Hearts off the Arcade and Agarest War, and I went the wrong way. It's just a lousy game in most regardsm graphics, gameplay, characters and story and so on. There's almost no redeeming value to it, and it's gotten more games in the series. Ugh.

So what about everyone else? What ONE game do you regret buying? If you've got more, I wana hear the ONE that stands out the most, and why is that?
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2Stanger5150Posted 2/2/2013 4:00:40 AM
Armageddon Riders
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#3Pato468Posted 2/2/2013 4:15:06 AM
I've been gaming for around 20 years now, so I don't really remember EVERY game thay entered my collection. But out of my PS3 collectio, it's gotta be Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. I just didn't get into yhe game AT ALL. Thr missions feel like a chore, the combat with the zombies is extremely boring (and that's coming from a Dynasty Warriors fan), the graphics and framerate leave a lot to be desired...I got it to myself for Christmas, along with UFC Undisputed 3...I was done woth DR2 literally 2 days later, never touched it again.
#4CloneTheHeroPosted 2/2/2013 4:20:22 AM
MW3
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f, Gran Turismo 5, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#5Botnus912Posted 2/2/2013 4:23:18 AM
Uncharted 3, not because it was a bad game, but because I spent $60 on it, and I usually wait for the GotY edition or a price drop for AAA games
Brink, because it was a bad game, and I spent $40 on it.
Malicious on PSN
---
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/botnus912/charlie-s-high-dance.gif
I'm so fresh you can suck my nuts
#6bigtiggie23Posted 2/2/2013 4:25:49 AM
Marvel vs Capcom 3

It turned out to be the dullest fighter I have played in a long time. And I still have MvC2 for PS2 and do enjoy it.
---
Not changing my sig until George Clooney plays Chic Chesbro again
#7LinkIsSpartanPosted 2/2/2013 4:27:14 AM
nothing because i never buy a game new if i dont know what im expecting of it. I buy preowned when i have no idea or have a slight idea of the game.
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
#8DrunkBeardGuyPosted 2/2/2013 4:29:37 AM
Gonna get a lot of hate for this, Fallout 3. I love most of Bethesda's other games, I've spent countless hours running around Morrowind and Oblivion doing whatever I could find, but there's just something about this game that bored me to tears. Even the setting interested me, who doesn't like post-apocalyptic wastelands? But maybe that's what bored me, because between the bland graphics, non-existent story and clunky gameplay, I just couldn't finish it.

I see why people like it and it's not even a bad game, it's just not for me.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#9boxingtonPosted 2/2/2013 4:31:40 AM
MGS4.

I bought a PS3 just to get it, at a time when I couldn't really afford one. Ended up being disappointed, since MGS4 isn't that good a game, IMO, and there weren't that many good games for the system then
---
http://imgur.com/AMN4G.gif
#10killakPosted 2/2/2013 4:33:51 AM
Double Dragon on the C64.

On the PS3.....nothing. The only games that gave me an inkling of disappointment (Heavy Rain, for example), I got for free.
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes