This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games that you truly regret buying?

#11namethatno1usesPosted 2/2/2013 5:47:50 AM
Around 3 download-only games. I bought them during sale, but I'll never play them. I have this problem with digital games.

No game case = No incentive to play, since they don't exist in the material world. That, and I forget I have them.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#12MrFroonPosted 2/2/2013 6:13:16 AM
Whenever I feel a little ripped off from a recent game purchase I remind myself that at one stage I paid $20 for F-16 Fighter (a.k.a F-16 Fighting Falcon).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/sms/588060-f-16-fighting-falcon

A Sega Master System game I purchased in the early '90s. The cover claimed it was one player, it did not say you had to manage 2 controllers at the same time!

Imagine a flight-sim game. Now, make accelerate and decelerate be left and right on the player 2 controller. Next, remove any graphics that is not one solid colour with a bunch of white dots. And frame-rate? This game ran at about 2 frames per second, and that is not hyperbole.

Finally, try to imagine an 8 year old playing this game with only one controller, sitting close to the console so they could change input ports as required.

$20, for an 8 year old, during the early '90s.

I think many posters on this board do not truly know what a bad game is.

On a more positive note, I've purchased well over a hundred games this gen and many were awesome! The only real disappointment being Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust.
#13killakPosted 2/2/2013 6:15:40 AM
I think many posters on this board do not truly know what a bad game is.

They do, but their view is skewed......severely.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#14OrangeSchweesePosted 2/2/2013 6:21:38 AM
Crysis 2 and Borderlands 2. They both look amazing, yet are tedious as hell to play.
#15KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/2/2013 6:31:46 AM(edited)
Star Ocean The Last Hope - I'm a JRPG fan but this still stands as the worst game I've played this gen. Terrible in every way especially the characters (the worst I've ever come across in 20 years gaming) and the abysmal story. The only half decent thing was the battle system which was no where near enough to save this tragic and depressing game.

Spent 40 on it managed to flog it on eBay 3 weeks after buying it for 22.

The monetary loss didn't bother me too much it was the 30 odd hours gameplay I wasted on this horrendous JRPG.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#16Deimos259Posted 2/2/2013 6:32:21 AM
Call of Duty World at War
Mass Effect 2
Tales of the Abyss 3D
---
http://db.tt/xj1JkeLe
#17bigtiggie23Posted 2/2/2013 6:47:18 AM
The game doesn't have to be bad to regret buying it. Maybe you wanted to try something new and ended up not liking it.
---
Not changing my sig until George Clooney plays Chic Chesbro again
#18NejiHyuga900Posted 2/2/2013 7:01:47 AM
Fable: The Lost Chapters on Steam. Don't get me wrong, I love Fable but I just haven't been playing it that much and I never feel like playing it. I don't feel like playing it as much as I use to on Xbox with the original Fable. But I am still glad that I purchased Fable: The Lost Chapters for when I want to play it (and I don't know when I will feel like playing it).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#19ElBorak77Posted 2/2/2013 7:14:46 AM(edited)
DEAD ISLAND!!!!!!!!!! HOLY S*** IT SUCKS!!!

freezes, glitches hackers, dickheads, morons and a horrible online setup. let alone texture pop in, screen tearing, frame rate drop, losing saves, etc. when online the game will freeze necessitating a whole ps3 reset.

last night i had 7 freezes/resets in 3 hours of trying to play.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#20NicodimusPosted 2/2/2013 7:18:36 AM
Uncharted.

It's not a bad game exactly, but it is a flawed and very short one. I finished it in a day and a half, and had no desire to replay it. I should have just rented it rather than buying it.

Little Big Planet.

It was on sale for $30 shortly after release, and I had heard tons of good things about it and watched some videos...it looked fun. Well, when I got it and started to play, I realized some things that watching videos can't really tell you...first of all, the controls are not precise at all. They are rather floaty and clumsy. I also just found the whole thing to be very bland and not that much fun. I can see someone who likes playing with the level editor enjoying it, but it was not my cup of tea.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford