This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns don't kill people. Video games do. Really CNN?

#1656stoogePosted 2/2/2013 8:43:27 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/cnn-host-tries-and-fails-to-link-videogames-to-violence-243776.phtml

I'm at a loss for words after watching this. The shear stupidity has rendered me speechless.

I especially love the part where they mourn the jobs of assault rifle manufactures if Obama's new legislation was to go through, but they're cool with shutting down the video game industry.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#2killakPosted 2/2/2013 8:47:15 AM
Somewhere in the human DNA, there is a glitch that makes some people think it's acceptable to absolve an individual of their behaviour, as long as they can prove that they're 'influenced'.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#3656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:49:25 AM
killak posted...
Somewhere in the human DNA, there is a glitch that makes some people think it's acceptable to absolve an individual of their behaviour, as long as they can prove that they're 'influenced'.

Oh there's a pretty big glitch somewhere all right.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#4VanderZooPosted 2/2/2013 8:49:33 AM
Ah well, better luck next time. Funny thing about bringing up GTA though, is it's actually a parody of American Culture.The violence, the music, the story lines, the gun stores, the burger shots, it's all just satire making fun of American society. So to blame GTA when it's really just the by-product is quite ironic and paradoxical.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#5killakPosted 2/2/2013 8:56:43 AM

You know, I was reading up on the rape/murder of my primary school friend (when we were at school together), and somehow the guy got sympathy from the judge, because of the fact that he fantasised about having sex with children aka a mental defect/disease.

I know it's not even related, and i'm sorry, but it's just another example of people being excused for horrific behaviour, despite the fact that they control their hands with their brain.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#6Spartan718Posted 2/2/2013 8:59:13 AM
I remember when I was like 9 and I was playing excite bike with a bunch of friends and they all dropped dead.
---
PSN:Spartan_718
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
#7majin nemesisPosted 2/2/2013 9:02:30 AM(edited)
they have to be nuts i can't see any other explanation
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#8VanderZooPosted 2/2/2013 9:05:58 AM
killak posted...

You know, I was reading up on the rape/murder of my primary school friend (when we were at school together), and somehow the guy got sympathy from the judge, because of the fact that he fantasised about having sex with children aka a mental defect/disease.

I know it's not even related, and i'm sorry, but it's just another example of people being excused for horrific behaviour, despite the fact that they control their hands with their brain.

Well none of us really are in control, if you don't believe in free will, which I don't, I'm convinced that's an illusion. It's all just luck of the draw. A 'normal' person has just as little control over their actions as an 'insane' person does.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#9killakPosted 2/2/2013 9:07:25 AM
Well none of us really are in control, if you don't believe in free will, which I don't, I'm convinced that's an illusion. It's all just luck of the draw. A 'normal' person has just as little control over their actions as an 'insane' person does.

I believe in the luck of the draw, but I firmly believe that if your hands commit the crime......you pay for it.
---
You don't ever go full Greer
#10WarhawkPosted 2/2/2013 9:07:36 AM
If video games kill people then how does anyone walk out of E3 alive?
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X