This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Playstation is actually $299.99

#1JoeydollazPosted 2/2/2013 8:38:33 AM(edited)
This new console gen is actually Sony trying to get back on the markets good side

1.MAKE HARDWARE DEVS FIND EASY TO USE, with features THEY WANT/NEED

2.NO MORE UNIQUE ARCHITECTURE/CHIPS

3.SOCIAL GAMING BIG KEY AS THE WORLD IS ALL ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA NOW

4.REBOOT THE BRAND, IT WILL NOT BE "PS4" think more "Playstation Vita" style name

Playstation Orbis or Playstation something else... no more numbers.

5.Shocking Price for high tech looking console, think VITA who shocked the world at

249.99 when many expected it to cost way more.
---
"Metal Gear Rising will be a port on PS3, P+ are xbots devs that never created/developed or even ported Bayonetta on PS3"- 12/2011
#2xSoldier24xPosted 2/2/2013 8:24:30 AM
Joeydollaz posted...
This new console gen is actually Sony trying to get back on the markets good side

1.MAKE HARDWARE DEVS FIND EASY TO USE

4.REBOOT THE BRAND, IT WILL NOT BE "PS4" think more "Playstation Vita" style name

5.Shocking Price for high tech looking console, think VITA who shocked the world at

I disagree with 4 and 5. That's plain dumb renaming the playstation with some name keep it simple with PS4 and its deff. not going to cost 249 its at the least going to cost 399. This is simple logic.
---
Trying to clean up my life, done many things wrong in my life....
#3Joeydollaz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:37:28 AM(edited)
Dude PLAYSTATION will still be the leading brand, they will not make it PS4 for personal reasons for a Japan company, if they see something called "Wii" and "360" they can easily use "ORBIS" but remember it still says "Playstation" first so it is not that big of a deal just
dropping the number.

I said it will be 299.99 aka 350 with tax but it will look like it cost 599.99
they are not going to be "the pricey console" that stigma has to be killed off
remember they are going for getting the market to embrace them again, PS3 took a beating
consumers trust has to be recaptured. Those 5 steps show how they are going to do that.

---
"Metal Gear Rising will be a port on PS3, P+ are xbots devs that never created/developed or even ported Bayonetta on PS3"- 12/2011
#4kingofjamaicaPosted 2/2/2013 8:31:13 AM
While it might not be $300, it certainly won't be $600 like last time.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#5BLACK_STAR69Posted 2/2/2013 8:31:46 AM
It will be $299...

In 2018.
---
360 RULES PS3 RULES Wii RULES.......FANBOYS SUCK!!!!!!!!
#6PhophenomenonPosted 2/2/2013 8:32:13 AM
$350 or $400 would be more realistic.
---
You mirin' brah?
#7Love-WilcoxPosted 2/2/2013 8:36:50 AM
Joeydollaz posted...

1.MAKE HARDWARE DEVS FIND EASY TO USE

So a Wii U then ... ?
---
Flow: 68
PSN: Love-Wilcox
#8Joeydollaz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:43:08 AM
nah more of a HIGH TECH looking device at a shocking price, again think VITA style

the new console will look amazing that you will be scared in the press conference

because they haven't said the price, then KAZ shocks the world and says 299.99 US

DOLLARS. Perhaps a bundles announced later on for games & new motion tech

for 399.99 at Xmas time but the core console SKU launches at 299.99.
---
#9xbs2034Posted 2/2/2013 8:47:12 AM(edited)
I think that is possible, at least for an entry level system (360 and Wii U entry levels were $300). But my guess is $400, certainly see it being cheaper than PS3 was though and I agree that it won't be some crazy power monster and will instead have more focus on social gaming and multimedia.
#10kingofjamaicaPosted 2/2/2013 8:49:38 AM
I think that is possible, at least for an entry level system (360 and Wii U entry levels were $300). But my guess is $400, certainly see it being cheaper than PS3 was though and I agree that it won't be some crazy power monster and will instead have more focus on social gaming and multimedia.

See, I think they need to do away with the different models of the system. You sell one system, one SKU. That way when people walk into the store to buy a PS4, they don't have to stop and think about which version they want.

The less divergent paths you give someone to buy something, the more likely they are to buy it.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.