This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 online question.

#1SaxonPosted 2/2/2013 9:24:42 AM
Since it will most likely require the most powerful and stable connection available, it will be for cable customers only, right? I mean DSL is the new dial-up in next gen consoles and thus banned.

#2xSoldier24xPosted 2/2/2013 9:26:26 AM
Saxon posted...
Since it will most likely require the most powerful and stable connection available, it will be for cable customers only, right? I mean DSL is the new dial-up in next gen consoles and thus banned.

I don't see them restricting any internet services being that its sold worldwide and connection over their isn't the best but then again why not upgrade and get cable it shouldn't be that much of a price range difference from DSL (dont hold me to that).
---
Trying to clean up my life, done many things wrong in my life....
#3WarhawkPosted 2/2/2013 9:28:12 AM
xSoldier24x posted...
Saxon posted...

I don't see them restricting any internet services being that its sold worldwide and connection over their isn't the best but then again why not upgrade and get cable it shouldn't be that much of a price range difference from DSL (dont hold me to that).

I know if I were to go with like TimeWarner for cable connection I'd be looking at paying $200+ for that. Though I'm not sure if the local phone company has a higher internet than DSL and that is $150 for the combo pack Telephone/Cable/Internet.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#4xSoldier24xPosted 2/2/2013 9:30:22 AM
Warhawk posted...
xSoldier24x posted...
Saxon posted...

I know if I were to go with like TimeWarner for cable connection I'd be looking at paying $200+ for that. Though I'm not sure if the local phone company has a higher internet than DSL and that is $150 for the combo pack Telephone/Cable/Internet.

Where im at right now ( NY) the local cable company offers a decent 49 down 37 up for $99 a year with a triple play package (Phone, Tv, Internet)
---
Trying to clean up my life, done many things wrong in my life....
#5Saxon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:30:34 AM
I know for a fact I can't get cable because I live about 4 miles outside their limits.
#6WarhawkPosted 2/2/2013 9:31:43 AM
xSoldier24x posted...
Warhawk posted...
xSoldier24x posted...
Saxon posted...

Where im at right now ( NY) the local cable company offers a decent 49 down 37 up for $99 a year with a triple play package (Phone, Tv, Internet)

I live in NY too, upstate. That's the best offer that I know they have, but can always find out.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X