This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 graphical expectations?

#41Darth_ElusivePosted 2/2/2013 4:38:55 PM
I expect the PS4 would be similar to the PC I am using now, may be a bit faster.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#423D3Posted 2/2/2013 4:40:29 PM
Star Wars 1313 and Agni's Philosophy.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#43rumbalumbaPosted 2/2/2013 4:51:17 PM
DaLagga posted...
rumbalumba posted...
some pc ignorance here. pc games don't take advantage of anything, that's why you're paying so much and you're getting so little. look at the PS3's RSX. that's a 7800GTX, which is leagues below even mid-level PC gaming cards today. but why can they do God Of War or Uncharted graphics? optimization. your Nvidia 560 GTX isn't even being optimized to its full power.

if Santa Monica and Naughty Dog can do those graphics on a 7800 GTX, what do you think can they do on a 460 GTX? that's a card that's much lower than today's high-end cards, yet i'm uber excited for what they can do with it. case-in-point: there's too many graphic cards and too many selections in today's market. unlike the PC, a machine with only one card that has dedicated developers optimizing for them can make a big difference. just imagine Arma 2's graphics if it were optimized for a single high-end card. that's getting the bang for your buck. your high-end cards are bottlenecked so much it's not even funny. give me a PC game that's running on a 7800 GTX that looks and runs as good as God Of War Ascension. you can't.

What's impressive about GoW or Uncharted? I already posted videos of Crysis running on an archaic 8800GT with better graphics than either of those games. While you can squeeze a bit more out of fixed hardware, some of you are exaggerating it to an absurd extreme.

Also worth mentioning is that the PS3 really has something more on par with a 7600GT (yeah, it's that bad). But its CPU can perform certain certain instructions typically left up to the GPU so it's impossible to really directly compare the PS3 to a PC. That being said, something like a decent C2D paired with an 8800GT will easily leave the PS3 in the dust, so obviously optimization isn't the magic wand you're making it out to be.

except an archaic 8800 GT is a much better GPU than a 7600 GT. so no, your point is still moot. Crysis isn't optimized to run with anything, therefore a dedicated machine can squeeze more from Crysis than a PC with 8800 GT in it.

are you stupid? it isn't about which one is more powerful. yes, an 8800GT+C2D will leave PS3 in the dust DUH they're essentially better specs. but does a game running on C2D+8800GT leave Uncharted or God Of War in the dust? rofl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vUeKOg6RJQ

that's Crysis running on 7800 GTX. how does that leave Uncharted and God Of War in the dust? we're talking about a console that has 256 VRAM and 256 RAM. its games look better than those that require 512 VRAM and 1GB RAM. yes, optimization is key. give me a Crysis vid that's running on 256 RAM and 256 VRAM 7800 GTX and tell me it outperforms and out"looks" God Of War. NOPE, CAN'T DO IT.
#44steker16Posted 2/2/2013 4:54:12 PM
LOL

lolwut

http://bit.ly/uHmrWL

thansk for proving our point. i think you need some reading comprehension skills bro, they switched focus because it wasnt going to be ready for all platforms, because they spent so much time making it for PC the console was falling behind
---
nomnomnom
#45zerooo0Posted 2/2/2013 5:02:07 PM
Lol fanboys go PC elitists, or Console fanboys who will win?

Also our 6-7yr old tech is pretty darn impressive since they can handle games like Halo 4, MGR, MGS:GZ, Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, Rage, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, etc. These games are running on VERY old tech. Compared to some of the latest PC/Laptops that can run games.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#46raigePosted 2/2/2013 5:29:11 PM
Depends on what resolution and fps they're gonna be running at. Not expecting that big of a jump overall unless they plan to make PS4 cost like $7-800.
#47BeasthuntPosted 2/2/2013 5:38:02 PM
I am not a huge computer nerd but even I can see that what they can do now on consoles with 7 year old tech is amazing. Older tech if you think about when they chose the tech and developed the years before the consoles hit the market. The games that they will come out with with a card that is only a year old or two old at launch time will be phenomenal.

A blind ape can see that.
---
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt.
Acts 2:38
#48Odette8Posted 2/2/2013 5:39:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49BurningNovaFirePosted 2/2/2013 6:23:34 PM
IMO I think the improvements will be in other areas of the next gen console such as: Far more people in online games, much better little things like textures. Movements of clothing and hair. More expansive worlds to explore. Full 1080p in most games at improved framerates. Maybe not 60, but better than what we see today. I'm interested to see sports games on the next gen more than anything.

People will be let down if they think it'll be outta this world, life-like graphics. Maybe five years from now we'll see some really impressive things with the system. The PS3 and 360 both really improved in graphics from when they first released. Just like any hardware, it will be pushed.

A Mid-range card (that's been custom built for that console) in a system dedicated to gaming will look damn good. I do most of my gaming on a PC and I know I'm going to be impressed with this next gen.
---
My friends call me "hadouken", because I'm a down right fierce. GT: Lt KGB
#50archizzyPosted 2/2/2013 6:35:32 PM
$5 says that the majority of the people who argue back and forth over this at the end of the day will end up playing their game on some entry level or mid tier display anyway with an out of the box terrible picture setting like vivid with their backlight jacked all the way up and their color temperature incorrectly in cool mode.

Absolutely nothing close to proper gamma, D65, or any remotely calibrated setting and for the cherry on top they won't use external sound.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton