This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So XCOM is for sure worth the money right?

#21nickizgr8Posted 2/2/2013 4:20:56 PM
I don't really like this game beside the fact that there a quite a few game breaking glitches that it's pretty much pointless to do a ironman runthrough is the fact that the percentages don't really mean anything. The game has already decided if you are going to miss or hit before you even fire.

I just don't like how it does that at all. The game knows you're going to miss then puts up a percentage like 80% and all I can imagine is the game going "LOLZ guyz he's gonna miss watch me troll the crap outa him"

I know the percentages can sometimes totally not work in you're favour but this game is pretty BS when it comes to the fake percentages.

Once I had 95% chance to hit missed 5 times in a row

Another was a 50% chance to hit missed 20 times in a row
#22OtakuGameraPosted 2/2/2013 4:23:37 PM
I don't really like this game beside the fact that there a quite a few game breaking glitches that it's pretty much pointless to do a ironman runthrough is the fact that the percentages don't really mean anything. The game has already decided if you are going to miss or hit before you even fire.

I just don't like how it does that at all. The game knows you're going to miss then puts up a percentage like 80% and all I can imagine is the game going "LOLZ guyz he's gonna miss watch me troll the crap outa him"

I know the percentages can sometimes totally not work in you're favour but this game is pretty BS when it comes to the fake percentages.

Once I had 95% chance to hit missed 5 times in a row

Another was a 50% chance to hit missed 20 times in a row

that's some s****y luck, i never had this problem, i almost always get a hit at anything above 50%
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#23LtMessiahDM504Posted 2/2/2013 5:37:52 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

All in all, its a very generic game that gets stale and repetitive. It's a shame that I can still play FF Tactics to this day and not get bored. Same goes for Tactics Ogre.

LMAO you're comparing it to the best SRPGs that exist. that's like comparing a recent JRPG and complaining about how the older FFs or Grandia or any other legendary JRPGs are better. if you're comparing a game to the best of the best, OF COURSE IT'LL BE WORSE. d-u-h.

I didn't compare them. I really didn't compare it to anything. I simply state that the gameplay gets stale and repetitive within hours while other games in the genre still aren't stale and repetitive after 15 years.

The game lacks any thought process to the gameplay. Next to NO reason to even bother with laser weapons. Base building is just...an afterthought. Doesn't even feel like it belonged in the game given how simplified it was. The same tactics you use in the beginning you use in the middle and in the end. Tiny amount of skills/abilities per class given that their are only 4 classes.

Frankly, its a shame that such a highly hyped game can't compete with something from over a decade ago. Same thing goes for D2 and the games since then.
#24true_gamer80Posted 2/2/2013 5:42:36 PM(edited)
it has a number of bugs and glitches so by GF standards despite what it still offers it sucks and the devs are lazy.....dont ppl test games anymore blah blah blah blah....HATE....

oops sorry, certain things only apply to certain games, Im sorry to break from the GF collective mind for a second.

Awesome game, one of my favs this gen
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#25Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/2/2013 5:48:54 PM
I love it. It can get repetitive if you use the same tactics but that's all upon the player. As far as how it compares to tactics ogre and fft it's right up there with them.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#26angry_cowtipperPosted 2/2/2013 5:49:40 PM
I played it for about 15 hours, but got bored with it. I'm like halfway through, and don't see myself going back. After they run out of aliens to introduce, every fight is the same.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#27boofiePosted 2/2/2013 5:58:12 PM
I really enjoyed the Xcom: Enemy Unknown reboot. My favourite game of the year but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. You've got to crank the difficulty up to get the real experience.
#28Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/2/2013 6:01:35 PM
The percentages didn't bother me much it forces you to actually flank and stuff.or just own with snipers. All my snipers had Scopes the whole game and the ghost armor. Love the jet pack suit though.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#29Still__RippinPosted 2/2/2013 6:02:44 PM
One of the best games of this whole gen in my opinion. Definitely worth the full $60. Feel free to check out some vids in my sig of some gameplay of it.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#30nickizgr8Posted 2/2/2013 7:08:24 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
it has a number of bugs and glitches so by GF standards despite what it still offers it sucks and the devs are lazy.....dont ppl test games anymore blah blah blah blah....HATE....

oops sorry, certain things only apply to certain games, Im sorry to break from the GF collective mind for a second.

Awesome game, one of my favs this gen

Yeah some glitches are okay. But the fact there is a bug still in the game which glitches some enemies in the final room of the game making them unkillable.

This is pretty unforgivable as if you're doing a ironman play through there is no reloading. So you petty much wasted a lot of time getting there.

IMO it was a massive letdown and I still prefer the original X-com games. I got more attached to my soldiers in that one and a rookie end game in the original can still be useful. While a rookie endgame in this one is just a massive waste of a slot.

Heck in the original X com almost all of my soldiers were wiped out in the final mission. Only leaving my rookie and my commander. My commander then guarded a corridor while my rookie with 2 fatal wounds slowly made his way up to the brain thing. Just before he got there the commander died by firing a blasta bomb launcher right in next to him to kill like 5 chrysalids and a lot of other enemies. My rookie got to the brain thing and destroyed it just in time.

Now you're not going to see something like that in this version.