This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Active Online Co-op Games

#1ManOfChapPosted 2/2/2013 12:12:14 PM
First I know of Co-optimus. I love Borderlands 1 & 2 but have played them to death.

What Online Co-Op games still have a active online community? I recently got BF:BC 2 for its Onslaught mode (which I love) but that was dead. I prefer 4 player co-op games but 2 player is cool too.
---
MyWorld.eBay.com/1995z71
CoD is for little kids, BF is for grown ups.
#2LuciusMcNastyPosted 2/2/2013 12:15:53 PM
Far Cry 3 has a separate co op campaign plus a free expansion on the PS Store. Though I'm unsure how active it is
---
"Considering this morning you made a topic on this board titled 'Do chickens have pubes?' I wouldn't exactly say you're Mr. factoid." -MoxRavager
#3MourningReignsPosted 2/2/2013 12:16:54 PM
I liked Resistance 2's co-op mode, but I don't know if it is still alive.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#4ZillionKillerPosted 2/2/2013 12:18:16 PM
Payday The Heist has 4 player co-op and still very active.
---
PSN ID : JasperGuitar
#5ManOfChap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:24:02 PM
LuciusMcNasty posted...
Far Cry 3 has a separate co op campaign plus a free expansion on the PS Store. Though I'm unsure how active it is

hmm cool, does anyone know if this is active or not?
---
MyWorld.eBay.com/1995z71
#6GunzleaderPosted 2/2/2013 12:29:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Mister_BiggiePosted 2/2/2013 12:40:22 PM
DC universe online is packed.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10
#8ManOfChap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:48:04 PM
Gunzleader posted...
sorry tc but.. battlefield and cod are for children.. battlefield cause "wahhh that gun is op nerf it" "wahh us cry baby pilots keep getting killed by stingers from really far away nerf stingers wahhh" *best thing to happen to bf3 btw **** you base camping ass pilots* and and also SKILLLESS LOSERS GOING UNDER MAPS. **** that glitch. glitched weapons that every one uses **** you usas users to hell. you'll all pay you hear me you'll all pay!!!! skillless lil *****. also "wahhhh antitank mines keep killing me make it so we can see em map wahhh" **** you for that dice i enjoyed killing tank users like this now i hardly kill any. c4 after death patch. ok first off **** you again dice. i killed so many campers after death this way.. way to give in to campers idiots.. glad i sold this pos game. moar like battlefield cry babys III.

Cry Baby: A person who gets easily upset if they don't get thier own way.
-Urban Dictionary
---
MyWorld.eBay.com/1995z71
#9Mutant1988Posted 2/2/2013 1:01:48 PM
Far Cry 3 is still active and is also a good if somewhat buggy game.

As for activity in other games, I can't really say. I suggest asking on the board for each game.

But I can recommend the following games for their co-op mode:

Uncharted 2

Resistance 2

Resistance 3 - Excellent singleplayer game, a lot of fun weapons. Co-op is simply the campaign with a second player.

Syndicate - The co-op mode is excellent. Own it for Xbox 360 myself though and haven't played it lately due to my Xbox Live Gold subscription running out. Last I played it (Say, 4-5 months ago) it was active though.

Mass Effect 3 - Not a fan of the series, but I loved playing the co-op mode in the demo.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 - Extremely solid co-op suite. A ton of modes to play. Plenty of replay value with it's Firefight mode which places enemy AI randomly on the multiplayer map and tasks you with eliminating them. Also plenty of objective modes (Single and multiple area domination for example) with enemy AI.

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 - Not as many modes as GRAW, but quite fun regardless. It's Terrorist Hunt mode works exactly like Firefight in GRAW. Plenty of replayability with a persistent experience system (Only MP in 1, applies to all modes in 2), character customization (Only MP in 1, all modes in 2) and lots of weapons to unlock. 4 player Terrorist Hunt, 2 player campaign co-op.

Saints Row 2 and 3 - Fun to mess around with and co-op through the story.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.