This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch?

#1Hucast9Posted 2/2/2013 3:18:45 PM
If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch? - Results (31 votes)
Yes i'll but it at launch if it launches November 2013
16.13% (5 votes)
No i'll buy it January-June 2014
25.81% (8 votes)
No i'll buy it June-December 2014
16.13% (5 votes)
No i'll buy it in 2015 or later
41.94% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch?
#2IllustriousnessPosted 2/2/2013 3:20:39 PM
I'd like to buy it at launch, but in the end it'll depend on the cost.
---
I honestly have no idea what he's talking about.
PSN: Invictus_Pane
#3jammiesPosted 2/2/2013 3:23:06 PM
No, and I'm starting to really wish GFAQs would make a PS4 board for these topics.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#4ill-thoughtsPosted 2/2/2013 3:25:47 PM
depends on the games. if theres a game thats Unique enough to capture my interest, ill buy it day 1....but since i know thats HIGHLY unlikely, ill probably buy it late 2014 or 2015.
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
#5itsmeaustinPosted 2/2/2013 3:25:57 PM
hell no

i learned my lesson when it comes to console launches. buyers remorse all around. the only launch i wasn't disappointed with was the gamecube, because it came with Smash Bros Melee and Luigi's Mansion.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#6rumbalumbaPosted 2/2/2013 3:30:26 PM
lol only losers who want bragging rights buy at launch. bought my ps3 on 2008, when it had enough games to warrant a purchase (Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Mirror's Edge, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword, LBP, MotorStorm, GTA4, etc.)
#7MadDewgPosted 2/2/2013 3:32:12 PM
itsmeaustin posted...
hell no

i learned my lesson when it comes to console launches. buyers remorse all around. the only launch i wasn't disappointed with was the gamecube, because it came with Smash Bros Melee and Luigi's Mansion.

This. For me the only exceptions was the dreamcast (power stone, ready 2 rumble, soul calibur, sonic adventure), nes (dat baseball, kung-fu, super mario brothers, mike tyson's punch out, lol), and super nintendo (super mario world, a link to the past, final fight, street fighter 2). Every other launch in gaming history was "meh" to me...even the playstation and playstation 2, as great as they turned out.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#8Stanger5150Posted 2/2/2013 3:32:18 PM
jammies posted...
No, and I'm starting to really wish GFAQs would make a PS4 board for these topics.

There is a PS4 board
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#9chiefofsb78Posted 2/2/2013 3:33:46 PM
jammies posted...

There is a PS4 board dont think to many people know about it
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#10sicko26usPosted 2/2/2013 3:36:33 PM
Illustriousness posted...
I'd like to buy it at launch, but in the end it'll depend on the cost.

Release games, and backwards compatibility as well.

If a game I want is a launch game, and it has BC, done deal. If zero launch games with BC, I can wait, if zero games and no BC, late next year (when they get games).
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.