This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch?
3 years ago#1
If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch? - Results (31 votes)
Yes i'll but it at launch if it launches November 2013
16.13% (5 votes)
No i'll buy it January-June 2014
25.81% (8 votes)
No i'll buy it June-December 2014
16.13% (5 votes)
No i'll buy it in 2015 or later
41.94% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch?
3 years ago#2
I'd like to buy it at launch, but in the end it'll depend on the cost.
I honestly have no idea what he's talking about.
PSN: Invictus_Pane
3 years ago#3
No, and I'm starting to really wish GFAQs would make a PS4 board for these topics.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
3 years ago#4
depends on the games. if theres a game thats Unique enough to capture my interest, ill buy it day 1....but since i know thats HIGHLY unlikely, ill probably buy it late 2014 or 2015.
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
3 years ago#5
hell no

i learned my lesson when it comes to console launches. buyers remorse all around. the only launch i wasn't disappointed with was the gamecube, because it came with Smash Bros Melee and Luigi's Mansion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
3 years ago#6
lol only losers who want bragging rights buy at launch. bought my ps3 on 2008, when it had enough games to warrant a purchase (Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Mirror's Edge, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword, LBP, MotorStorm, GTA4, etc.)
3 years ago#7
itsmeaustin posted...
hell no

i learned my lesson when it comes to console launches. buyers remorse all around. the only launch i wasn't disappointed with was the gamecube, because it came with Smash Bros Melee and Luigi's Mansion.

This. For me the only exceptions was the dreamcast (power stone, ready 2 rumble, soul calibur, sonic adventure), nes (dat baseball, kung-fu, super mario brothers, mike tyson's punch out, lol), and super nintendo (super mario world, a link to the past, final fight, street fighter 2). Every other launch in gaming history was "meh" to me...even the playstation and playstation 2, as great as they turned out.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
3 years ago#8
jammies posted...
No, and I'm starting to really wish GFAQs would make a PS4 board for these topics.

There is a PS4 board
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
3 years ago#9
jammies posted...

There is a PS4 board dont think to many people know about it
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
3 years ago#10
Illustriousness posted...
I'd like to buy it at launch, but in the end it'll depend on the cost.

Release games, and backwards compatibility as well.

If a game I want is a launch game, and it has BC, done deal. If zero launch games with BC, I can wait, if zero games and no BC, late next year (when they get games).
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived