This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Games are *Almost Perfect* To You??

#21OrangeSchweesePosted 2/2/2013 5:42:57 PM(edited)
I'll list some obscure ones

Painkiller (the first two) & Hell and Damnation
Dungeons of Dredmor
Legend of Grimrock

They're all perfect at what they set out to do.
#22Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/2/2013 5:56:31 PM
For me it's games that draw you into a world and make you want to stay there because it feels so alive. Games like...

Just Cause 2 - My gawd the open worldness was just amazing. You could literally skydive from 30,000 feet in the air to deep into the ocean and interact with everything in between. The game felt like there were no limits. Cars, boats, planes, people...everywhere! It felt so alive to me.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - No game has ever captured the comic book style so well. I think part of it had to do with the fact that here was a character who wasn't superpowered so it was much easier to contain him in an organic way to the gameplay area then, say, Superman who everyone would be asking "Why doesn't he just fly to the moon?"

Burnout Paradise - The city was amazing. Every building was unique. If you drove around it long enough you found yourself needing the map less and less as you started to recognize your position based on landmarks and road sins just like you would in any RL city. On top of that races that didn't interrupt the flow of the gameplay. The race were integrated with the sandbox play unlike games like NFS:HP where they were seperate entityes.

Red Dead Redemption - Same as Burnout. An organic feeling open world that you began to recognize the longer you played and where the missions and the free roam were blended together
#23BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/2/2013 5:56:34 PM
Red Dead Redemption for a western game and Mount & Blade: Warband for a medieval game. I just want more stuff to do in both.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#24BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/2/2013 6:06:04 PM
SoaringDive posted...
A "perfect game" isn't as "subjective" as some of you are saying. Some of you guys are taking your own personal tastes into it, at face value. Instead, analyse the actual game, and determine if it was well designed.

That seems to be the point. I think you're misinterpreting the intent of the topic.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#25Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/2/2013 6:09:18 PM
BizzaroMurphy posted...
SoaringDive posted...
A "perfect game" isn't as "subjective" as some of you are saying. Some of you guys are taking your own personal tastes into it, at face value. Instead, analyse the actual game, and determine if it was well designed.

That seems to be the point. I think you're misinterpreting the intent of the topic.

Agreed. The use of the words "to you" clearly indicates an interest in personal taste IMO.
#26BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/2/2013 6:18:01 PM
Dirk_McHardpeck

I like your name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY
---
Hooch is crazy.
#27Mr_Big_BossPosted 2/2/2013 6:19:25 PM(edited)
I think MGS2 was almost perfect.

If only they hadn't created the Patriot AI system, and they had Snake as the main character the game would have been perfect.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#28Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/2/2013 6:19:36 PM
BizzaroMurphy posted...
Dirk_McHardpeck

I like your name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

Thanks. :)
I almost went with Punch Rockgroin.
#29Ep1taph303Posted 2/2/2013 6:20:38 PM
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
The Witcher 2

FF Tactics

Flaws? They ended.....

TW2's combat is a big glaring flaw.

Tactics required no Tactics for all but about 6 fights.

TW2's combat actually requires some skill and planning, instead of mindless hack&slashing. Takes practice.

Not really. Spam Quen and mash away
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#30faris_ruhiPosted 2/2/2013 6:33:32 PM
MGS4. Things that kept it from being perfect.

The multiple, repeated installations (yes I know there is a patch, but I will always talk about a game the way it was on release, the way I experienced it)

A few cutscenes (a couple of cheesy ones, and the ones that made act 3 a bore).

That's pretty much it.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4