This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Games are *Almost Perfect* To You??

#31beastwarkingPosted 2/2/2013 5:57:12 PM(edited)
From what I've played, Ni No Kuni might be pretty damn close

I'm gonna preface the rest of these by saying that I am very well aware of these games' short comings. However, when I think of near perfect when it comes to gaming is that the game experience is so overwhelming that any flaws can easily be ignored.

Assassin's Creed 2 - It got practically everything right and the story wasn't a convoluted mess like it is right now. Only flaw was that it was kind of easy

Super Mario Bros 3, World, and Allstars - Pure platforming bliss. If you buy 3 or World, you are getting the pinacle of 2D platforming. If you buy Allstars, you're getting God's gift to us all for having to put up with Pauly Shore

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Best. 2D platformer. Ever.

Metal Gear Solid 2/3/4 - I have beaten all of these games so many times I've lost track. These aren't only near perfect games, but also a near perfect series. Just awesome. The dialogue can be a bit cheesy and the plot is at times a little out there. Still one of my favorite experiences.

Pokemon - Simple, yet addicting. Can't wait for X/Y

GTA: San Andreas - The story, the music, the GAMEPLAY, the characters, everything is just so freaking fantastic that it's probably my favorite game ever. In my eyes this game literally does nothing wrong, or at the very least its flaws are minuscule. The game is never too hard, but also rarely too easy. The side stuff is fun and the characters are all unique and hilarious. I really wish R* would port an HD version to PSN because I would gladly fork over full retail to play this with trophies and a better integrated multiplayer system.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - The best party game hands down. That's what makes this game so awesome; grab a few friends and watch the carnage unfold. Brawl was a huge step back in my opinion but I'm still excited for the next entry.
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Hail to the king, baby
#32ReyMilansteryoPosted 2/2/2013 5:59:21 PM
MGS 4

The stalking chapter was the only flaw of the game for me.
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Dishonored (PC), MGS 3 HD, Mass Effect, AC 3, MGS Peace Walker, FF VII (PC remake),Borderlands 2 (PC)
#33LtMessiahDM504Posted 2/2/2013 6:00:47 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
The Witcher 2

FF Tactics

Flaws? They ended.....

TW2's combat is a big glaring flaw.

Tactics required no Tactics for all but about 6 fights.

I don't recall asking your opinion on my opinion. Can't contribute to the topic yourself? Ignored
#34ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:41:33 PM
beastwarking posted...
Assassin's Creed 2 - It got practically everything right and the story wasn't a convoluted mess like it is right now. Only flaw was that it was kind of easy

GTA: San Andreas - The story, the music, the GAMEPLAY, the characters, everything is just so freaking fantastic that it's probably my favorite game ever. In my eyes this game literally does nothing wrong, or at the very least its flaws are minuscule. The game is never too hard, but also rarely too easy. The side stuff is fun and the characters are all unique and hilarious. I really wish R* would port an HD version to PSN because I would gladly fork over full retail to play this with trophies and a better integrated multiplayer system.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - The best party game hands down. That's what makes this game so awesome; grab a few friends and watch the carnage unfold. Brawl was a huge step back in my opinion but I'm still excited for the next entry.

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i completely forgot AC2. the ONLY thing wrong with that game was that they didnt fully utilize the Villa feature. they should have had bandits and armies randomly attack your city and your men that you train could fight for you. id still be playing that game today with this feature.

and im pretty much with you on everything you said about Andreas, easily one of the most complete games of all time.

and Any time smash brothers comes out, its a party, no questions asked.
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
#35niklnipPosted 2/2/2013 7:45:57 PM
Okami

The art direction, the gameplay, the music, the beauty.... It's the most wonderful game out there.
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board
#36angry_cowtipperPosted 2/2/2013 7:46:11 PM
Kage_AM2 posted...
I don't believe in perfect games. What might be perfect to someone could be merely decent to another.

Topic says 'almost perfect to you'. Your post may as well have been about muffins.

Uncharted 2 and Final Fantasy VII come to mind. I'd only take the stealth beginning out of Uncharted 2 and Cait Sith out of FFVII.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#37TheBonfiniPosted 2/2/2013 7:54:13 PM
niklnip posted...
Okami

The art direction, the gameplay, the music, the beauty.... It's the most wonderful game out there.

This, except you forget the glaring flaw. The way the voices sounded. OMG, that was so annoying.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#38Video_Game_CzarPosted 2/2/2013 8:02:41 PM
Resident Evil 4

Half Life 2

Suikoden II

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

Batman Arkham Asylum

Deus Ex

Qauke

DOOM II

Advance Wars Dual Strike

Contra III

Dishonored

God of War 2

Virtua Fighter 5

Devil May Cry

Vagrant Story

Tekken 5

Ikaruga

Streets of Rage 2

Hotline Miami

Panzer Dragoon Orta

The Walking Dead

Portal

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Uncharted 2

Halo 3

Gears of War

Super Metroid

F-Zero GX

Ninja Gaiden Black
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#39este914Posted 2/2/2013 8:03:35 PM
Resident Evil 2
(its VERY close to perfect to me)
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#40zerooo0Posted 2/2/2013 8:06:56 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
The Witcher 2

FF Tactics

Flaws? They ended.....

TW2's combat is a big glaring flaw.

Tactics required no Tactics for all but about 6 fights.

I don't recall asking your opinion on my opinion. Can't contribute to the topic yourself? Ignored

How hypocritical
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip