This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what exactly is wrong with Dragons Dogma?

#21HeavenlysheolPosted 2/2/2013 7:11:12 PM
boofie posted...
Only thing I didn't like was the long walk to get anywhere. Fast travel is expensive and late game.

Agreed one hundred percent here. It also had very little to do after the game. Once you beat it, there is no excitement playing through again. The gameplay itself is excellent, and I'm excited for the new content later in the year.
---
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.
#22MrUntouchable18Posted 2/2/2013 7:13:43 PM
Wait for the expansion pack it's 40 dollars and includes the the original game I believe. I haven't played it but I will once the new version is out (Good old Capcom and there terrible DLC ways)
---
Madness is like gravity all it takes is a little push.
-Heath Ledger (Joker)-
#23AstroshakPosted 2/2/2013 8:49:17 PM
Dragon's Dogma was an awesome game. The only shortcoming I felt it had was that though the world seems downright huge at the start, it seems *tiny* when you are strong enough to run from one end to the other in short order, even without the means of fast travel that you can use in the late game.

Other than the way the game takes a hundred square miles and turns it into someone's small back yard, the game was awesome.
#24doraemonllh1989Posted 2/2/2013 9:06:51 PM
theres nothing wrong with the game,at least on this board,most people just praise it

imo

pros:
great gameplay
equipments are unique and interesting

cons:
dumb ai,awful command and behavior system
frame rate is not really good,sometimes really slows down a lot
no replay value

dont care:
story
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#25X_Brahms_XPosted 2/2/2013 9:14:12 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
theres nothing wrong with the game,at least on this board,most people just praise it

imo

pros:
great gameplay
equipments are unique and interesting

cons:
dumb ai,awful command and behavior system
frame rate is not really good,sometimes really slows down a lot
no replay value

dont care:
story

No replay value? The end optional sections with the Ur Dragon is tons of hours. The game is setup to where theres no need to start a new save. Its easily a 100+ hour game. Cant wait for Dark Arisen.
---
PSN: Ocelot_X_
#26NicodimusPosted 2/2/2013 9:40:15 PM
I love the game, but I'll tell you the 2 major flaws it has.

#1 After level 35, the game is a cakewalk. It gets way too easy.

#2 There are not very many enemy types. There is little variety in this regard.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#27DuranOfForcenaPosted 2/2/2013 9:46:05 PM
Generic characters, boring voice acting, boring storyline.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#28SoopaMan2KPosted 2/2/2013 11:35:41 PM
If you're going to get DD, wait for DD: Dark Arisen. It will have both the New Expansion and DD combined.
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#29peter_888Posted 2/2/2013 11:42:08 PM(edited)
the story
it's interesting enough at the end of the story, but for the majority. It's pretty boring.
characters are meh, not that interesting.

how you cutomize your skills is also pretty annoying and tedious,what with having to be at an Inn.

and the backtracking is terrible.

and visual is also pretty lackluster

but it's still a fun game. just that it got tons of problems.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#30FiendingHardPosted 2/3/2013 12:01:20 AM
Bloodmoon77 posted...
The story is actually pretty good, especially the ending. Actually the ending alone is worth playing the whole game for because holy s***.

So I'm supposed to endure 20+ hours of Capcom mediocrity which may or may not be fun just for the ending? What about the rest of the game? I'm not hating on the game or anything but a game should immerse the player and be enjoyable within the first hour.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.