This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what exactly is wrong with Dragons Dogma?

#41zyrax2301Posted 2/3/2013 2:43:16 PM
It's not as deep as one might expect from an RPG but it's still pretty awesome. I had a lot of fun playing it.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#423D3Posted 2/3/2013 2:51:40 PM
Great game, just not enough of everything.

Not enough

- Towns/Villages
- Monsters/Enemies
- Weapons/Armor
- Classes/Powers/Abilities/Skills
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#43realskillz1990Posted 2/3/2013 3:02:28 PM
boofie posted...
Only thing I didn't like was the long walk to get anywhere. Fast travel is expensive and late game.

---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#44JusticeSwordPosted 2/3/2013 4:40:08 PM
The worst thing is that theres not enough of it, hopefully Dark Arisen alleviates this...Until DD2! (or BoF VI)
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#45PendragoonPosted 2/3/2013 6:11:17 PM
Even with my hatred of Capcom (may they suffer as Megaman has) but this game just hooked me. I have 140 hours logged so far. I bought the main game used due to my Capcom Boycott, but I preordered Dark Arisen already. April just can't get here soon enough, I need more stuff to do other than help out new players.

The Gamefaqs community for this game is also the single best community I have seen online, so helpful to new players, so generous with free gifts. (people with DLC are more than happy to share the items through the in game gift system)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#46SonicNashPosted 2/3/2013 6:15:36 PM
What is wrong with DD? Being a Skyrim rip off being one of the many problems...
#47jammiesPosted 2/3/2013 6:21:04 PM
SonicNash posted...

ITP: proof that Etiquette Issues needs an Idiocy option.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#48SonicNashPosted 2/3/2013 6:22:07 PM
jammies posted...
SonicNash posted...

ITP: proof that Etiquette Issues needs an Idiocy option.

I just stated facts, you can't handle it.
#49Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 2/3/2013 6:22:34 PM
Capcom. Why? Because they refuse to use DLC and love to make people buy the same game twice.

There's pretty much little to no reason to buy Dragon's Dogma now. It's expansion, Dark Arisen includes the original game, and at a lower price. I can almost understand this method with the SF series, almost. But a new IP? Sometimes, I can't stand these companies.

I was so lucky to catch the discussion going on about this the day a brought Dragon's Dogma used. I'll pick up the digital version someday. I didn't like how the disc was constantly being read while I played.
#50ninjakrakenPosted 2/3/2013 6:26:59 PM
I recently finished playing Dragon's Dogma and thoroughly enjoyed it, I haven't spent more than 100 hours on 1 playthrough since FF12. While the lack of fast travel did get tedious after a while, I rather liked that you would physically have to journey to places. Another thing I enjoyed was that some of the sidequests didn't explicitly tell you where to go or what to do, this is more enjoyable to me than following some marker on the map.

The game does have weaknesses, you do get too powerful and not many more difficult enemies are introduced. The world is nice enough but I thought the cities were rather bland, especially the main city.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith