This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D People that say PS4 doesnt need backwards compatability are Sony fanboys

#1Bancario51Posted 2/2/2013 6:29:30 PM
But isn't the bigger concern not being able to play used games due to their patent? Lets like people are barking up the wrong tree.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2BurgerTime79Posted 2/2/2013 6:36:00 PM
It's that people are just finding stuff to hang onto to complain about. You yourself are accusing people of being "fanboys" for what I'm guessing is having an opinion that differs from yours.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#3You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/2/2013 7:11:52 PM
Bancario51 posted...
People that say PS4 doesnt need backwards compatability are Sony fanboys

That doesn't even make sense...
#4GloryChaosPosted 2/2/2013 7:15:45 PM
D.

While its worth complaining about, you have to remember that backwards compatibility is a privilege, not a requirement. Much like a DVD player, etc. The ps4 would be cheaper if it wasn't backwards compatible and tht's something worth noting.

The downside is that Sony gets to charge you for games you already own. But they already did this with the Vita anyway and people are apparently fine with rebuking them.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#5_tanjil_Posted 2/2/2013 7:27:04 PM
its cool how these days consumers are trained to expect less from companies. Back in the day you weren't called a whiner or entitled for wanting more. People understood that the companies weren't our buddies, they take our money in exchange for a product.

Granted Sony was taking a loss with each console sold at the beginning, but the current models are turning a profit.

Anyways whatever Sony releases, as long as it's fairly priced for what it does, I'll be happy. Of course if it doesn't meet your expectations...just don't buy one. Move onto PC gaming, where you get all the BC you'll ever want, and not have to worry about used games, since they don't exist for PC but it's ok because PC games are cheaper.

*** I don't own a gaming PC, but anyone can see its advantages
#6Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/2/2013 7:31:35 PM
D. I don't care if the PS4 has backwards compatibility, because I'm going to buy a PS4 to play PS4 games..not because I'm a Sony fanboy.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#7agrissaPosted 2/2/2013 7:31:50 PM
_tanjil_ posted...
its cool how these days consumers are trained to expect less from companies. Back in the day you weren't called a whiner or entitled for wanting more. People understood that the companies weren't our buddies, they take our money in exchange for a product.

I think it's just mostly gamers that behave like this. I don't see Toyota car fans defending their brand to the death no matter what type of mistakes Toyota makes. I also don't see sports fans that are blind to the faults of their own team and bashes anyone that dares say anything negative about the team's management---even if it's in last place.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#8DefYouthPosted 2/2/2013 7:54:38 PM
Only fanboys defend abhorrent business practices.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#9mogar002Posted 2/2/2013 7:55:58 PM
Flopic
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#10killakPosted 2/2/2013 8:01:57 PM
The only BC i'd want on the next playstation, is PS3, and it ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN

Fanboy or not.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp