This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Many game are blurry on ps3, why?

#1scph9002sterPosted 2/3/2013 4:13:42 AM(edited)
Some games are not, but many other are. It looks like it is the bi effect of up scaling. Like the devs render the game in some odd numbers then just add a line to the game code saying: upscale until it fit the border lolz, then call it a day.

Its the same with some pc games I've tried to, if I set the resolution to 720p, its gets ugly.

I like to think that my tv can handle up scalings decently considering its a pretty expensive one.

Heavy rain, little big planet, grand turismo, mgs hd collection... those are sharp games and Im sure some of them are up scaled from 720p.. what did the devs do to not totally screw up those games when up scaling?

Why dont devs just natively render games in 1080p and reduce the graphics in other aspects instead in order to gain sharpness.
They could remove that type of AA they usually like that also blurs the screen futher in order to remove jaggies.. AA wich is less needed if the game where in native resolution which is higher.
---
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd
#2ZombiDeadZombiPosted 2/3/2013 4:14:07 AM
It's definitely your TV, especially considering you said it happens with PC games as well.

Just because your TV is expensive, does not mean it is good or that you have it set up right.
#3scph9002ster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:18:46 AM(edited)
Heavy rain, little big planet, grand turismo, mgs hd collection... those are sharp games and Im sure some of them are up scaled from 720p.. what did the devs do to not totally screw up those games when up scaling?

I wrote that to.

Also, sub hd video content is up scaled properly on my tv.

Dont be thick please

Edit: The tv I got is the panasonic st50, anyone who have been doing research before trying to get a good tv knows that is one of the best you could get in 2012.
---
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd
#4doraemonllh1989Posted 2/3/2013 4:32:29 AM
scph9002ster posted...
Some games are not, but many other are. It looks like it is the bi effect of up scaling. Like the devs render the game in some odd numbers then just add a line to the game code saying: upscale until it fit the border lolz, then call it a day.

Its the same with some pc games I've tried to, if I set the resolution to 720p, its gets ugly.

I like to think that my tv can handle up scalings decently considering its a pretty expensive one.

Why dont devs just natively render games in 1080p and reduce the graphics in other aspects instead in order to gain sharpness.
They could remove that type of AA they usually like that also blurs the screen futher in order to remove jaggies.. AA wich is less needed if the game where in native resolution which is higher.

get a better tv
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#5ZombiDeadZombiPosted 2/3/2013 4:35:58 AM
There is nothing to be thick about, it's most likely your TV settings.

Just because a few things are sharp doesn't mean your settings are perfect. You even said "some PC games", which I find hard to believe unless your settings are jacked up.

The TV you got is garbage, and if you spent that much money on it, you got robbed.
#6morphinapgPosted 2/3/2013 4:54:30 AM
It's not the TV. A lot of games this gen are low resolution, some even going as low as 540p. This is one of the reasons we need a ps4. Rendering resolutions just keep getting lower. If you have a game render at sub-720p resolutions, then they need to upscale to 720p, and then your tv also has to upscale that to 1080p, so it's upscaling twice, making it pretty blurry.
#7morphinapgPosted 2/3/2013 4:56:47 AM(edited)
The TV you got is garbage, and if you spent that much money on it, you got robbed.

The ST50 is one of the best TVs on the market right now. I'm getting the UT50, which is a step down from it, but the only difference is the anti-reflection filter is missing, which I don't care about (my current tv is a crt hdtv, with a glass screen) To me the anti-reflective coating wasn't worth $300 more.
#8morphinapgPosted 2/3/2013 4:59:29 AM
Btw, the games you listed as looking nice have nice AA. You need good AA to upscale properly.
#9killakPosted 2/3/2013 5:10:17 AM
I got the best that 2009 offered, and I'm not seeing blurry games.

You might want to give examples of the blurry games, as opposed to only mentioning ones that aren't........since your topic is, about blurry visuals.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#10scph9002ster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 6:09:08 AM(edited)
killak posted...
I got the best that 2009 offered, and I'm not seeing blurry games.

You might want to give examples of the blurry games, as opposed to only mentioning ones that aren't........since your topic is, about blurry visuals.

mg4 and the resident evil 6 demo

Edit: If you played mgs 3 in the hd collection for a while then go to mgs4 you should notice its a lot blurry :/
---