This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else worried about the rumors saying PS4 is only slightly more powerful?

#1Garfield64Posted 2/3/2013 5:01:34 AM
Seriously this whole Social Media band wagon is getting ridiculous. I get it's good for advertising and helps them sell games. But designing a console around it?

Makes me sad, I guess all the haters will be wrong and the Wii U will be just as powerful as next gen PS4. Especially with Wii U being built on a software unlocked overclocking core set.

At least my X51 feels next Gen xD
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#2ryouma17Posted 2/3/2013 5:22:46 AM
rumors are just that rumors, i buy what i like based on my own opinion not on others
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#3CloneTheHeroPosted 2/3/2013 5:30:57 AM
I doubt that.

The processing power and speed of these new consoles will leave the previous models in the dust.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f, Gran Turismo 5, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#4jammiesPosted 2/3/2013 5:34:30 AM
Worried about rumors? No.
Tired of rumors? Yes.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#5ThePuddingManPosted 2/3/2013 5:39:01 AM
I think it's safe to say we're all terrified by the possibility. I've barely thought about anything else lately.
#6Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:55:31 AM
ThePuddingMan posted...
I think it's safe to say we're all terrified by the possibility. I've barely thought about anything else lately.

Amen ^_^
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#7Lelouch71Posted 2/3/2013 1:03:35 PM
ryouma17 posted...
rumors are just that rumors, i buy what i like based on my own opinion not on others

This

Not to mention it doesn't matter if it's slightly more powerful if it gets the games. If the PS4 can somehow regain people's faith in Sony as far as video games goes then it would be all worth it for them. They ****ed up with the PS3, PSP (in the west), and Vita. The PS4 is their best and probably their only chance for redemption.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#8IHeartMetroidPosted 2/3/2013 1:11:17 PM
I don't care about power.

Most of my favorite games are on the PS2 and Wii. Still playing Trails in the Sky for PSP.

What I'm more concerned about is Sony implementing some stupid thing to block used games. Would be the first Sony home console since the MSX that I would refuse to buy.
#9Stanger5150Posted 2/3/2013 1:16:57 PM
I wouldn't care if it had PS2 graphics. I just want good games running the way they should, and reliable hardware.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#10nekrothingPosted 2/3/2013 1:17:02 PM
Of course the jump will be small. Slightly better graphics and performance, tons of gimmicks. That's all we have to look forward to next generation. Back in the older days, there was a reason to look forward to new consoles. They were innovative and they changed everything. That's not the case anymore.

The days of large and innovative jumps between consoles is over. Console developers are going the way of Apple, incremental leaps between each new iteration while charging a fortune.