This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying a ps3 right now - Good or Bad idea?

#11Spartan718Posted 2/3/2013 8:55:28 AM
My 80gb Fatty died and I have a limited edition white Super Slim on its way.
---
PSN:Spartan_718
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
#12boofiePosted 2/3/2013 9:04:45 AM
My reason would be, I have a large collection of games all of which are useless if I don't have a working PS3. My next pay packet would have a PS3 taken out of it.
#13coolsurfer800Posted 2/3/2013 9:29:51 AM
iceman1685 posted...
i would wait till the 20th thats when the ps4 is suppose to debut. when it does price cuts wont be far behind.

if the ps4 is backwards compatible and comes out during the summer late august or so i would wait and get the new unit.

but if you cant wait without till then rent one from a company like rentacenter, etc cost 40-50 bucks a month

It's very unlikely that the PS4 will be backwards compatible. It would only drive the price of the system up if they had to include the necessary hardware to play PS3 games.
---
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks
#14iceman1685Posted 2/3/2013 10:08:38 AM
coolsurfer800 posted...
iceman1685 posted...
i would wait till the 20th thats when the ps4 is suppose to debut. when it does price cuts wont be far behind.

if the ps4 is backwards compatible and comes out during the summer late august or so i would wait and get the new unit.

but if you cant wait without till then rent one from a company like rentacenter, etc cost 40-50 bucks a month

It's very unlikely that the PS4 will be backwards compatible. It would only drive the price of the system up if they had to include the necessary hardware to play PS3 games.

Even if its not fully backwards compatible, a new system announcement should drive down the price on new and used PS3's as companies try to reduce stock in that system.

if they dont then they might get caught with hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses

i am saying wait a few weeks and see if you can get a steal. a lot of people sell there old system after announcements like this to try to get the most money out of it
#15Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/3/2013 10:14:20 AM
I'd get that new Red Super Slim bundle. It seems as though the fates have beckoned you. Otherwise the white one is pretty cool and Target is offering a $30 gift card with it. Me personally if mine died today I'd be using my Sony rewards points I had saved for a vita towards the new red one because I have a huge library of PS3 games. I'll probably wait off buying a PS4 for that very reason. Just like I've held off on Vita. I mean I still have Persona 1 and 2, tactics ogre, and hakuoki DotFB i want to complete and then there's a new Hakoki game coming out this month! Still didn't stop me from buying 5 vita games already though lol.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!