This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about GameStop game cases.

#1blablablax17Posted 2/3/2013 9:55:18 AM
A lot of the time when you buy a used game, they just give you a case with a generic cover. And sometimes with DS games, they just give you the game in a cheap paper sleeve.

My question is why?
Are THAT many people trading in games with just the disk/cart and no case?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#2cirkmetroidPosted 2/3/2013 10:34:43 AM
Sometimes the cases get lost (even if they are in the store on the shelf, just not where they are supposed to be) or stolen. Yeah it sounds silly that a person would still an empty game case, but always remember:

People are idiots
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still really hoping there will be more Legacy of Kain games...somehow!
#3Godly_GoofPosted 2/3/2013 10:35:52 AM
ya it's either A) they didnt have the case and it's still sort of new. or B) the case got stolen off the shelf.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#4ryouma17Posted 2/3/2013 10:45:40 AM
sometimes i lose my case, sometimes i spill pop on my case and it gets all sticky and the ink on the cover melts away, highly doubt gamestop will take a case like that so i dont take it
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#5DarkECOJakPosted 2/3/2013 10:48:21 AM
ryouma17 posted...
sometimes i lose my case, sometimes i spill pop on my case and it gets all sticky and the ink on the cover melts away, highly doubt gamestop will take a case like that so i dont take it

How can you be that reckless with something so expensive? I've got over 450 games in mint condition on a shelf. Just get a shelf, dude.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#6Godly_GoofPosted 2/3/2013 10:51:34 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
ryouma17 posted...

How can you be that reckless with something so expensive? I've got over 450 games in mint condition on a shelf. Just get a shelf, dude.

yup, and some of mine are worth hundreds now too :3

Conkers Bad Fur Day 64 with box and book, Harvest Moon 64 Box and book, FF3 (SNES and Chrono Trigger (SNES) same. Rhapsody w/ soundtrack case and book.

The way I look at it is it's not just a game, its an investment :3
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#7ryouma17Posted 2/3/2013 10:58:32 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
ryouma17 posted...

games come in a case for a reason, so if you spill crap on them nothing happens to the disc
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#8BobberdongPosted 2/3/2013 11:01:01 AM
blablablax17 posted...
A lot of the time when you buy a used game, they just give you a case with a generic cover. And sometimes with DS games, they just give you the game in a cheap paper sleeve.

My question is why?
Are THAT many people trading in games with just the disk/cart and no case?

I'm a former GameStop manager and I can tell you why. It's corperate policy. Even when we get a DS game with a case, we are told to throw the case away and simply put a price sticker on the game card. They did this because the used DS section was taking up a lot of space on the walls that could be used for other things. Hope this helps.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#9DarkECOJakPosted 2/3/2013 7:45:25 PM
ryouma17 posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
ryouma17 posted...

games come in a case for a reason, so if you spill crap on them nothing happens to the disc

Yeah, all that box art, collectors editions and everything else we pay money for was meant for you to spill crap on...
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#10Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 2/3/2013 7:53:41 PM
Yeah, my local GS has TONS of games with no real cases. What really gets me is when they try to sell ya a NEW game with no case or manual. I went into GS the other day and asked for a copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. They had it new, disc only. I asked if I could buy it for the used price and they refused since the game was considered new but could offer no information on where the case was.

This wasn't the first time this happened. It's kind of sad. I enjoy having my games in complete condition, just because.