This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had to boycott ONE game company, who would it be?

#101RiszadPosted 2/3/2013 5:36:42 PM
EA
---
Gamer Girl
#102SirWaWaPosted 2/3/2013 5:37:02 PM
square-enix
most square remakes/ports thus far are inferior/incompetent versions of the original while the enix games (mainly dragon quest) turn out fine/great
why is this?!
#103shishiomakotoPosted 2/3/2013 5:43:20 PM
I am boycotting Capcom because of charging for on disk dlc. Don't care bout the arguments for it, its just unethical to me especially when the game already costs so much.

Will not buy a PS4 no matter what best, must have game comes out for it. Bought PS3 just after launch and hate the firmware updates, never know if it'll brick. The removal of features, uncertainty in updates success, poor handling of post-update bricking and generally bad/questionable tactics used is the main reasons.
---
You want to protect people with murder, you'll slaughter legions so that a few may live - hiko
#104mjc0961Posted 2/3/2013 5:47:56 PM
Pretty torn between EA and Capcom. Both are fighting furiously to be considered the worst publisher in the industry. Capcom does piss all over its fans more directly than EA does (with the lowest low Capcom reached being the blaming of fans for Mega Man Legends 3 being canceled even though they never even gave us a chance to buy Prototype that they said they were releasing to gauge interest), but EA always takes every new bad business practice and makes it ten times worse.

On the other side though, they rarely put out anything I want these days anyway, so boycotting them would be almost too easy. EA has nothing left of interest to me now that Mass Effect 3 came out, and all Capcom has left is Dead Rising.

So I think I'd have to go for Sony, actually. I love their exclusive games, so I'd actually be losing something and I'd look forward to them turning their s*** around instead of just saying "Eh, whatever, I'm still not buying Madden 7389 or Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo Ultimate whatever because I don't like them anyway". And they have a lot of turning around to do, their company is completely stupid when it comes to running a business.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#105NewavePosted 2/3/2013 5:48:23 PM
Been boycotting EA since the 90s when they took Thrill Kill from me, and they're the ones I would never stop boycotting until Thrill Kill is released in stores, original uncensored version, for PlayStation for FREE, because after all these years I sure ain't paying for it.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#106AtalalamaPosted 2/3/2013 5:51:00 PM
Capcommie.
#107theantikarmaPosted 2/3/2013 5:54:00 PM
Sony. System and accessories feel cheap. Controllers made for 4 year olds with small hands. No exclusive games that I like.
#108jguswPosted 2/3/2013 5:54:37 PM
STN79 posted...
Microsoft.
I mean they already make computers you can play videogames on. Why are they making gaming consoles too?

MS does not make computers. Windows is an operating system.

I would boycott Capcom for many reasons.
#109DesulatedPosted 2/3/2013 5:59:44 PM
EA and Activision. Then, I haven't bought anything from them in well over 5 years.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
League of Legends username: Lati0s
#110Fou LuPosted 2/3/2013 6:05:37 PM
Square Enix, only because they bought the company I was boycotting before, Eidos.
---
I smolder with generic rage.