This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had to boycott ONE game company, who would it be?

#171supermegabloxPosted 2/3/2013 8:08:31 PM
lucas arts because when i saw monkey island 2 on the XBLA marketplace(its still a good game though) the first week it came out the description described it as a action/adventure and puzzle game where you swordfight with pirates. when i bought it it was just a point and click puzzle game
#172IanNottinghamXPosted 2/3/2013 8:08:39 PM
It Would be a Tie EA and Activision theyve almost ruined the industry
---
Bd:AS FC 2407-8656-4589
#173reyray0709Posted 2/3/2013 8:11:09 PM
I still enjoy Capcom's games. Quality stuff.

I'm definitely buying Dead Space 3 too so.. EA isn't an option.

What's the point of boycotting again..?
---
Umvc3 Teams: Zero, Vergil, Wesker - Nova, RR, Strider - Hawkeye, Morrigan, Doom - 3rd strike: Yun & Yang
PSN and GT: reyray0709.
#174bigdeezPosted 2/3/2013 8:11:31 PM
Activision, they are ruining the gaming industry because every developer that makes fps thinks they NEED to make it to appeal to the CoD fans. Make 1 call of duty game next gen and just add $60 worth of dlc maps every year. whats the difference?
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne
--- Rockstar fanboy #1
#175dillo9000Posted 2/3/2013 8:13:01 PM
I'm already doing EA, Activision, and Microsoft (video game-related)
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Persona 3 FES, Sonic Adventure
#176kewldude475Posted 2/3/2013 8:14:10 PM
I guess THQ since I never was really into their games.

But boycotting game companies is just so idiotic, it's hard for me to even think of one I'd boycott hypothetically.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#177TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/3/2013 8:19:02 PM
Based on ethics? Capcom (but I like their games too much for that to last).
Based on ethics and disinterest in products? Activision.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#178xChaosLordxPosted 2/3/2013 8:19:36 PM
Nintendo
Bioware
Ubisoft
#179ArkinumPosted 2/3/2013 8:19:55 PM
Most of the big names could crumble for all I care.... Most of the big names keep falling into a redundant pitfall because they are too focused on the business aspect and forget a great game is about entertainment.

But if I had to pick a few.....

EA - Too many policies and producers, forced registration, just plain in it for business and forgets about fun and innovation, they ruin many great names by staining it with the dirty EA branding iron, I've started to loose faith in Bioware one of my all time fav companies

Square/Enix - Both use to be the top pioneers of their time but now they just fell into the "lets just make it look pretty" rut, I've been let down by a few of their post psx titles that ive pretty much given up buying new or buying at all...

Blizzard - Dont know if they changed it but when I heard Diablo 3 was to be connected to the internet permanently to even play a single player campaign, I lost faith in this innovative company.

Nexon - They have some of the greatest FTP MMO's around but they keep using cheep tactics and typically ruin the games they host, seriously if you cant get peer to peer to work properly then you should invest in a dedicated server, not to mention one of the crappiest customer service around, I lost my account when they had a security breech, all my hard played for items in Dungeon Fighter Online where stolen and some NX I had too, took them a year to get back to my ticket and then pretty much offered me a nickle for a lost 100 dollar bill... didn't even log in to claim my compensation.....

Micorsoft - they have gotten too big and have become equily as stupid, remember its about fun not business, fun comes first business comes second!
---
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box and it'll take care of you" - Iroquois Pliskin
#180fireblade08Posted 2/3/2013 8:24:37 PM
EA wins I bet. Their relationship with Sony (like Ubisoft) makes me sick. They did start the downfall of gaming marketing, I guess. Deceiving customers, media & stockholders pushing their online passes & criminal DLC.
Remember Sony is top dog (Gaming world leader), so naturally they'll gravitate towards us.
---
Do not seek straight paths in darkness, possessed by fear. But gather force and support each other. He who supports his neighbor strengthens himself