This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had to boycott ONE game company, who would it be?

#241king_maddenPosted 2/4/2013 12:49:30 AM
Talos_09 posted...
EA
ActiBlizz
Ubisoft - Horrible DRM, Uplay not recognizing some games or accounts.
Sony - Strictly because of the shady EULA wording. Which included threats of disabling the console, if you disagreed. Yanked out the ethernet cable, almost two years ago. After reading the previous four.

ive been happily gaming for the past 5 years or so on the ps3, online and everything. I never read those things, what shady wording do they use?
#242XWolfOPosted 2/4/2013 1:05:05 AM
Microsoft. I'm sorta doing it right now since no games they make interest me. It would be the easiest.
---
It's-a me!
#243jessica73Posted 2/4/2013 1:07:59 AM
Bioware, been done for a year, don't miss it. Weird since I was that damn much of a biodrone, but there are non garbagetier devs out there that took their place easily and were already above them before the s*** hit the fan like Obsidian and CDProjekt. Add in Paradox and Harebrained Schemes with Shadowrun, and I really am set on WRPGs.

Sorta Same with SE, but that's just the Square side. Enix at least still has Dragon Quest, and Eidos has Thief/TR/Deus Ex. Atlus and Mistwalker and MonolithSoft = Final Fantasy who?

EA was always trash but I do pick up the sims games, but they still are one of the pc games that work used, so ... ^_^
---
http://i.imgur.com/soy98.gif
#244king_maddenPosted 2/4/2013 1:15:39 AM
man how long ago did these devs run over you guys pets?
#245chubbyfreshPosted 2/4/2013 1:20:15 AM
yukes or bandai
#246Kane90987Posted 2/4/2013 1:26:46 AM(edited)
I've already stated that I would boycott Capcom, but I'd like to add some more to that list.

SE, Monolith, and any other game company who makes games with forced auto-battle. (Unless they have an option to turn that off, like how The Last Story was done.)

Seriously, could someone explain to me how auto-battle is considered fun? I'd rather, you know... PLAY the game myself, rather than just run up to an enemy and have the game do everything for me... If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie.

And I'd boycott Sega for destroying Sonic after Sonic Adventure 2.

Activision for 2 reasons :
1. Guitar Hero... It was a fun game every once and while, until they started releasing them every month.

2. Call of Duty, see above, and add the fact that because of CoD, every other company that makes FPSs have made nothing but CoD clones...
#247EliteSenseiPosted 2/4/2013 1:22:02 AM
STN79 posted...
Microsoft.
I mean they already make computers you can play videogames on. Why are they making gaming consoles too?

That whole "money" thing tends to be a pretty good motivator for companies.
#248Mega_SkrullPosted 2/4/2013 1:28:18 AM
Easily EA.
Closely followed by Crapcom.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/20kxa3c.jpg "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M
#249jessica73Posted 2/4/2013 1:28:26 AM
...since when did Microsoft make computers
---
Oh yea, thank goodness SAVOTT came to WWK's side. l mean he's so respected and totally not a troll at all - 765351
#250crunchb3rryPosted 2/4/2013 1:31:17 AM
"Namco Bandai probably, Though i think there are companies worse but Namdai did something that made me hate them"

Did they touch your butthole? Why so mysterious?