This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had to boycott ONE game company, who would it be?

#301regsantotomasPosted 2/4/2013 1:54:44 PM
Why boycott when you can simply not support a bad product or solution?

This is the ONLY message that companies will really listen to.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#302TNist1048Posted 2/4/2013 8:56:19 PM
chaosflame108 posted...

I also don't get the Squarenix hate. The 13 series is very divided yes, but Type Zero seems to be pretty awesome. Also, Square is being very generous, and allowing previous purchasers of 14 to play "A realm reborn" for free.

It's not just FF13, Square has made a number of of rather eyebrow raising decisions FF14 among them. They've relegated Kingdom Hearts to being a handheld only series where new content is concerned leaving them only FF and Dragon Quest for the consoles, have truly disgusting prices for their iphone apps in an attempt to gouge the customers, and continue to support Toriyama and Nomura; two of the most controversial figures when it comes to their RPG line up. Both have made questionable decisions with regards to some of their products (KH and FF13 mostly).

The mismanagement at Square runs deep and people finally started saying "enough" in large enough numbers to be significant after FF13 and 14 both of which came off as huge debacles. Now while Type Zero looks like it has potential it's only one game and as for RR it's going to take a lot more than that to get people to move on from the steaming pile that FF14 was at release which has tainted many people's opinions regarding Square run MMOs.
#303killakPosted 2/4/2013 8:59:49 PM
FiendingHard posted...
killak posted...
as a "sensationalist loser", as you saw fit to include...... i dont boycott any company responsible for my favourite past time.

I knew you were gonna come in here and spout your usual "I love everything about this industry" crap. I suggest learning what hypothetical means since reading comprehension goes a long way.

Yeah. It really needed a hypothetical.

You jusy wanted everyone to post what they hate....again, and bait the non whiners so you can insult them.

No shock
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#304TheArcadePosted 2/4/2013 11:59:59 PM
Fort_Wayne posted...
Microsoft. I work retail and the most obnoxious gamers tend to buy Microsoft-exclusive games or Call of Duty.

I can't boycott Activision because they still have the licenses for Marvel and 007.

They got the license to 007 yes, Marvel no.

There's nothing wrong with folks buying exclusives on a beloved console. Still I think the COD part of your comment was funny.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#305Kane90987Posted 2/5/2013 1:35:36 AM
killak posted...
FiendingHard posted...
killak posted...
as a "sensationalist loser", as you saw fit to include...... i dont boycott any company responsible for my favourite past time.

I knew you were gonna come in here and spout your usual "I love everything about this industry" crap. I suggest learning what hypothetical means since reading comprehension goes a long way.

You jusy wanted everyone to post what they hate....again, and bait the non whiners so you can insult them.

No shock

And yet nobody has been attacking or insulting the "non whiners". If you didn't want to read this topic, you didn't have to come in.
#306killakPosted 2/5/2013 3:37:57 AM
Kane90987 posted...
killak posted...
FiendingHard posted...
killak posted...

No shock

And yet nobody has been attacking or insulting the "non whiners". If you didn't want to read this topic, you didn't have to come in.

You didnt read the very first post before you got here?
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#307Kane90987Posted 2/5/2013 11:09:13 AM
killak posted...
Kane90987 posted...
killak posted...
FiendingHard posted...
killak posted...

No shock

You didnt read the very first post before you got here?

Fair enough, but seriously, you knew what this topic was about before you came in. It's not like it said "Click here for free stuff!" or anything like that.

You knew what this was before you came in, and yet you still came in. If you don't want to read this, you never had to, nor do you still have to. You could have not came in here, or left before complaining.

So, I actually defend his satement in calling people like you losers, cus you obviously have nothing better to do than to come into a thread just to whine.
#308killakPosted 2/5/2013 11:12:19 AM
Fair enough, but seriously, you knew what this topic was about before you came in. It's not like it said "Click here for free stuff!" or anything like that.

You knew what this was before you came in, and yet you still came in. If you don't want to read this, you never had to, nor do you still have to. You could have not came in here, or left before complaining.

So, I actually defend his satement in calling people like you losers, cus you obviously have nothing better to do than to come into a thread just to whine.

that just proved my point, and you just became the second to insult non whiners, when you claimed that nobody did.

Either way, it's tradition to enter a topic that isn't for you, to respond against it, especially when antagonised
---
You don't ever go full Greer
#309Kane90987Posted 2/5/2013 11:51:48 AM
killak posted...

that just proved my point, and you just became the second to insult non whiners, when you claimed that nobody did.

Either way, it's tradition to enter a topic that isn't for you, to respond against it, especially when antagonised

Don't get me wrong. I'm not insulting non-whiners.
I'm insulting people like you who have to come into threads and ruin them by *****ing and whining. There's plenty of non-whiners who haven't said a damned thing because they are truly non-whiners, and realize that since they don't want to take part in this thread, they don't have to.

You, on the other hand are whining. Sure, you're not whining about game companies, but you are whining about us whining.
#310killakPosted 2/5/2013 7:26:07 PM
Sure, you're not whining about game companies, but you are whining about us whining.

People need to drop this line of defense. It's the all purpose I can do what I want defense, because if you point it out, i'll see you as a hypocrite.

Not gonna fly.

And i'm not complaining or whining about the topic. I commented that it was unnecessary to refer to people as "losers", and offered my own response.

Gather your facts before you approach me again
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........