This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some games bought in the USA have 2 languages on the cover?

#31djrudenPosted 2/5/2013 12:03:38 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
Why do Americans think that everyone in and around their country should speak English?
Follow-up question; Why, when Americans visit other countries, do they think everyone should speak English?

You got a different idea for which language should be the universal tongue? Not that I specifically believe English should be, but it is the most common language on the planet and we as a race should be working to tear down all language barriers via unifying under one language.

I guess you don't know this but Mandarin is the most spoken language. And more people speak English in China than in the US if that helps you put things into perspective. You definitely need to get out more.
#32ThaiNoodlesPosted 2/5/2013 12:04:13 PM
You know what they say, either you are bilingual, or you're american.
#33calhoun1389Posted 2/5/2013 12:08:55 PM
I guess you don't know this but Mandarin is the most spoken language. And more people speak English in China than in the US if that helps you put things into perspective. You definitely need to get out more.

And yet, most businesses work in English and hold conferences in English. English is also taught in many schools around the world because it's the primary language of 2 of the largest and most powerful countries in the world. And I don't believe for a second that Mandarin is the most spoken language worldwide. Never once heard it in America, nor on television shows and ads from Canada, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Europe, Africa or Russia.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#34AzharraPosted 2/5/2013 12:09:39 PM
I never really thought about this even though I like to collect games. If an NA PS3 game cover have multiple languages, would there necessarily be another cover version with solely English sold to USA?
---
PSN: Azsharra
#35DocDeliciousPosted 2/5/2013 12:12:39 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
And yet, most businesses work in English and hold conferences in English. English is also taught in many schools around the world because it's the primary language of 2 of the largest and most powerful countries in the world. And I don't believe for a second that Mandarin is the most spoken language worldwide. Never once heard it in America, nor on television shows and ads from Canada, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Europe, Africa or Russia.

This person right here is why I have no pride in my country.
---
Ni No Kuni, Vanquish, DmC, Sound Shapes, Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#36jrr18Posted 2/5/2013 12:13:54 PM(edited)
jubjub360 posted...
DocDelicious posted...
Why do Americans think that everyone in and around their country should speak English?
Follow-up question; Why, when Americans visit other countries, do they think everyone should speak English?

In: because the main language of the US is English. Why should Quebec make restrictions to things if its not in French? Because the main language of Quebec is French. Quebec is region 1 and that's why games have two languages on some covers.
Out: I have never heard anyone say that Canadians and the Mexicans should speak English. That's just stupid.

Well the canada part is because most people in canada speak english.
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#37djrudenPosted 2/5/2013 12:14:44 PM
DocDelicious posted...
calhoun1389 posted...

Pretty sad huh? He won't believe Mandarin is the most spoken language in the world despite being ON THE INTERNET WHERE THIS IS EASILY VERIFIABLE.
#38jrr18Posted 2/5/2013 12:15:50 PM
DocDelicious posted...
calhoun1389 posted...

maybe he doesn't know China has more people in one city the the USA has in the whole country.
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#39Zack_Attackv1Posted 2/5/2013 12:16:31 PM
This is a weird topic.
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#40bigdeezPosted 2/5/2013 12:48:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]