This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you like to have French on your PS3 game box and cover?

#11Mr_GenocidePosted 2/3/2013 6:22:18 PM
Honestly, I don't care. I don't sit and stare at the game box all day to care.

However, I do see why it could be a problem for other people... Mainly impulse buyers and/or casuals who don't research games before buying them because the french part can take up space on the case that could be used for more info on the game.

There's really no reason to dislike it if you do all your research before buying a game. I've seen complaints about this before and really, it's just nitpicking.
---
PSN: Genocidic
Rap = Crap. Metal ----> Rap any day.
#12morphinapgPosted 2/3/2013 6:25:48 PM
My cases don't have french on them. I'm assuming you're from Canada TC?
#13Evil_GogetaPosted 2/3/2013 6:27:35 PM
Never had games from a territory where anything but the spoken language is on the case!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, New game coming soon (WiiU) MH3GHD.
#14Auron772Posted 2/3/2013 6:30:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15ColdNemesisPosted 2/3/2013 6:33:38 PM
Funny fact, I live in quebec, Canada, and I am french speaking guy. But I dislike my games to be in french, or have a stupid booklet in french. im sorry it just sucks. I learned english when i was young ( 1986) and I played all my games in english :)
#16Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 2/3/2013 6:34:44 PM
Don't like it. I wish these boxes would just use the language the game is in. English game? English text on the box! I know, it's unheard of. Many NA region games only display text in english. Why even bother with the dual language packaging? To cater to those who only understand french?

But the blasted game is in english! It just one of those things that makes no sense to me.
#17wsoldier182Posted 2/3/2013 6:38:40 PM
The funny thing is I live in Colorado, which has a lot of spanish speakers and I see game cases with french on them. Weird.
---
We're all going to the same place, we're just using different maps.
#18Xenesis XenonPosted 2/3/2013 6:39:02 PM
Nagisa_Shinju posted...
Don't like it. I wish these boxes would just use the language the game is in. English game? English text on the box! I know, it's unheard of. Many NA region games only display text in english. Why even bother with the dual language packaging? To cater to those who only understand french?

But the blasted game is in english! It just one of those things that makes no sense to me.

A lot of places with more than one National Language make it a legal requirement that all products sold have the required information on the packaging/instructions in all of the official languages regardless of the language of the content.

The fact that the games are only in English is irrelevant, to be sold in some places the dual-language boxes are a requirement.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#19Lord NecrodainPosted 2/3/2013 6:40:01 PM
Nagisa_Shinju posted...

They need to have French on the package to be able to sell it in Quebec. Quebec has a law that says packaging for commercial items has to be either in French or multilingual with no language given greater prominence than French. It's probably cheaper to just make one package for the whole region than to make a special English-French package for Quebec and an English only package for the rest of the region.
---
- But sir! What if he dredges up old memories of people teasing you because of your girly name?
- Konishi... Salt. Wounds. Stop.
#20Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 2/3/2013 6:50:57 PM
Nagisa_Shinju posted...

They need to have French on the package to be able to sell it in Quebec. Quebec has a law that says packaging for commercial items has to be either in French or multilingual with no language given greater prominence than French. It's probably cheaper to just make one package for the whole region than to make a special English-French package for Quebec and an English only package for the rest of the region.

Hrm, that makes sense. Is Quebec the only place that requires this? It just strikes me as extremely odd to be so adamant about packaging while ignoring the actual product.