This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamers are showing that they deserve rehashed franchises every year.

#1Lion_of_GeminiPosted 2/3/2013 2:09:13 PM
You blame the developers for releasing CoD and FIFA every year. However, it's your fault. Not only do you buy them, you refuse to buy the newer, more original stuff.

Silent Hill: Downpour was a real modern-day survival horror game. It was a breath of fresh air in a stagnant franchise. Nobody played it.

DmC is another original universe and action game. It appeals to both hardcore players and is open to more casual gamers as well. Yet people refused to buy it out of childish rage.

Binary Domain was an amazing cover shooter with a mountain of heart and soul. It set itself apart from the generic gritty shooters like Gears of War. Yet none of you bought it.

People have no one to blame but themselves. They talk about how sick they are of the old yet won't accept the new and cry when somebody tries to introduce something new.
---
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
#2USFPosted 2/3/2013 2:13:20 PM
DmC is another original universe and action game. It appeals to both hardcore players and is open to more casual gamers as well. Yet people refused to buy it out of childish rage.

While I overall agree with what you're trying to say, that comment right there I disagree with. It has nothing that would appeal to a hardcore DMC fan considering everything it has done is a step back in the series.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#3loseswithluigiPosted 2/3/2013 2:14:58 PM
Binary Domain is the only new franchise you posted.
#4JohnHitman47Posted 2/3/2013 2:15:26 PM
Agreed with the first 2 games, BD nooo.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#5ninjatrinityPosted 2/3/2013 2:16:27 PM
Good thing I don't ever buy games like COD or FIFA.
#6nukedduckPosted 2/3/2013 2:16:28 PM
USF posted...

While I overall agree with what you're trying to say, that comment right there I disagree with. It has nothing that would appeal to a hardcore DMC fan considering everything it has done is a step back in the series.

except everything it did.
---
PSN ID: radiatedduck
the most wonderful thing about radiatedducks, is IM THE ONLY ONE!!!
#7shotgunheadshotPosted 2/3/2013 2:16:32 PM
How about another Clock Tower game? I think they stopped making them.
#8Lion_of_Gemini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:16:39 PM
loseswithluigi posted...
Binary Domain is the only new franchise you posted.

Silent Hill is a long standing Franchise, but it's keeping with his roots and going against the trends. It is the classic survival horror that people wanted, something different from the action horror that people hated, yet nobody bought it.

People deserve their crappy action horrors and have no right to complain about it now.
---
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
#9LaventorPosted 2/3/2013 2:17:11 PM
The complaining people are part of what one calls the 'vocal minority'.

There are way more people out there that'll go "OH ITS THE NEW COD IM GONNA BUY THAT NOW" than people complaining on the internet that it's being rehashed over and over.

Add to that not only developers play it safe in an economical crisis by just pushing out sequals, but customers as well. With less money to spend people are more likely to buy things they *know* they'll like, rather than gamble on a title they may or may not like.
#10Lion_of_Gemini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:17:35 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
How about another Clock Tower game? I think they stopped making them.

Should have bought more survival horror games to let developers know we want them.
---