This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamers are showing that they deserve rehashed franchises every year.

#11jammiesPosted 2/3/2013 2:17:48 PM
Oddly, I never actually see people cry about sequels/rehashes. I only ever see people like the TC that cry about people crying about sequels/rehashes. Interesting.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#12zyrax2301Posted 2/3/2013 2:19:23 PM
Lion_of_Gemini posted...
However, it's your fault. Not only do you buy them, you refuse to buy the newer, more original stuff.

Don't lump me in with your crowd, casual.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#13dudupupuPosted 2/3/2013 2:19:42 PM
I wholeheartedly agree!

I didn't buy DMC seeing as how I don't like the series too much, but I bought two copies of Downpour and repped it to no small end on both the game's boards and here for weeks after I played it, pouring over the details of its expertly crafted plot that - in my opinion - rivals or supersedes SH2's.

Greatest survival horror game to come in a long while, yet I never see it get recommendations; meanwhile, so many people are content to pee and moan about RE6/Dead Space...
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#14Lion_of_Gemini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:21:20 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Lion_of_Gemini posted...
However, it's your fault. Not only do you buy them, you refuse to buy the newer, more original stuff.

I will, because you've earned it.
---
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
#15loseswithluigiPosted 2/3/2013 2:22:25 PM
Lion_of_Gemini posted...
loseswithluigi posted...
Binary Domain is the only new franchise you posted.

Silent Hill is a long standing Franchise, but it's keeping with his roots and going against the trends. It is the classic survival horror that people wanted, something different from the action horror that people hated, yet nobody bought it.

People deserve their crappy action horrors and have no right to complain about it now.

Binary Domain is the only new franchise you posted.
#16zyrax2301Posted 2/3/2013 2:24:25 PM
Lion_of_Gemini posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
Lion_of_Gemini posted...

I will, because you've earned it.

Projecting much? Go back to your COD bro
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#17nonexistingheroPosted 2/3/2013 2:39:33 PM(edited)
I haven't bought any Fifa or CoD game, ever. Haven't played SH:D yet. As a DMC fan, the new DmC game is a huge disappointment and I'm boycotting buying new stuff from Capcom. And Binary Domain... seems alright, but there's a ton of other games I'd buy first. Like Alice: Madness Returns, Ni No Kuni, Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta (PS3 version), Just Cause 2, etc.

Anyway, stop generalizing. Yes, tons of people buy those rehashed franchises. 99% of them doesn't hang on Gamefaqs. No use complaining here.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18656stoogePosted 2/3/2013 2:41:45 PM
This **** again? Jesus. Tattoo this on your arm or get your mum to write you up a series of palm cards so I don't have to explain this again TC.

1-Change doesn't necessarily mean good.

2-Gamers wanting one series to change doesn't mean they want another to. Example; CoD is the same game every year, gets a yearly release and is a FPS which is the most popular genre this gen! And I'm pretty sure most gamers wouldn't complain about the series if every other FPS on the market didn't try and rip it off.
DMC had one release this gen before DmC, had only 4 games in the entire series before DmC, and was a member of a very niche genre.
Can you see the difference?

So get over the whole change BS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#19jrr18Posted 2/3/2013 2:42:13 PM
dudupupu posted...
I wholeheartedly agree!

I didn't buy DMC seeing as how I don't like the series too much, but I bought two copies of Downpour and repped it to no small end on both the game's boards and here for weeks after I played it, pouring over the details of its expertly crafted plot that - in my opinion - rivals or supersedes SH2's.

Greatest survival horror game to come in a long while, yet I never see it get recommendations; meanwhile, so many people are content to pee and moan about RE6/Dead Space...

I think all the horror games are on PC and Silent hill isn't very scary.
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#20king_maddenPosted 2/3/2013 2:43:01 PM
pretty much what the other poster said, the people complaining are the minority, people are going to buy games they think are fun, and be done with it. most people see cod and say hey i liked the last one this one is suppose to be better, so ill get this one too. while online they say omg i hated the last one, ill hate this one, everyone else should hate it too. more people didnt buy the games you mentioned mainly due to advertising, or not an overall excitement for the game, was the last silent hill game a big seller, i didnt hear much about dmc offline, and most people dont even know what binary domain is.
the big sellers you see ads, promos, and already have a big following from previous games.